GETTING CLOSER [ EDITED ]

NO ONE'S POV:-

Since neither Namjoon nor Jungkook had the key to access the apartment, they resorted to entering through the window. Although the situation was slightly awkward, they managed to make their way inside without attracting any attention from others.

Upon entering Jungkook's room, Namjoon swiftly shifted into a role that encompassed his responsibilities as a leader, a fellow member, and a caring hyung. He immediately began to assess Jungkook for any injuries, showing genuine concern for his well-being. Despite his initial determination not to open up to anyone, Namjoon couldn't suppress his worry and genuine care for Jungkook's safety.

Jungkook made an effort to hide his inner joy upon witnessing Namjoon's genuine concern, but deep down, he couldn't suppress the lingering effects of the traumatic encounter with the truck. The image played over and over in his mind like a broken record, intensifying his fear and causing him to tremble involuntarily. While a part of him resisted the urge to smile, another part was consumed by terror and the incessant replaying of the near-miss incident, leaving him in a conflicted state of emotions.

Namjoon carefully inspected Jungkook for any signs of injury, ensuring his well-being was intact. Instructing the younger member to take a seat at the edge of the bed, he expressed his concern and took the initiative to fetch a glass of cold water for him. Though a part of Namjoon contemplated apologizing for his impolite behaviour earlier, he ultimately decided against it, opting to address the issue with Jungkook the following day.

Noting the late hour, Namjoon realized the importance of rest and advised Jungkook to get some sleep. Understanding that the younger member needed time to recover from the distressing events, Namjoon prioritized his well-being and encouraged him to rest, assuring himself that they would discuss everything in due time.

TIME SKIP

At around 4 AM, Namjoon finally succumbed to sleep after spending hours blaming himself for the earlier incident. Regret consumed him as he realized his rudeness, wishing he had simply expressed gratitude instead. Determined to apologize in the morning, he drifted off to sleep with that intention in mind. However, his slumber was interrupted when Jungkook stirred.

Meanwhile, Jungkook managed to fall asleep initially but was plagued by a nightmare that left him restless. In the BTS dorm, he would often share his nightmares with his hyungs, particularly Namjoon, finding comfort in their presence. However, in the current circumstances, he felt uncertain about opening up. Desiring the solace of Namjoon's company, he clutched a pillow and made his way to the elder's room. Standing outside Namjoon's door, he hesitated, unsure whether to knock or not.

What if Hyung gets angry again?

Despite his uncertainty, Jungkook's physical exhaustion overwhelmed him. His body ached from the previous events, and his tired, red eyes yearned for rest. Taking a deep breath to gather his resolve, he let out a deep sigh and summoned his courage, deciding to knock on the door.

With a tentative yet determined knock, Jungkook hoped that Namjoon would open the door and provide him with the comfort he desperately needed. The choice to seek solace in Namjoon's presence outweighed his hesitation, as Jungkook longed for a peaceful sleep and a sense of security at that moment.

Jungkook: Namjoon hyung?

After receiving no response from Namjoon, Jungkook reluctantly turned to leave, disappointed by the lack of an answer. However, just as he was about to depart, the door swung open, revealing a dishevelled and exhausted Namjoon.