"Bumble Bee " - CHAPTER 12

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

"Bumble Bee " - CHAPTER 12

Kandi slowly walked into her living room and stopped as she placed her hand on her waist. "You coming to work with me today or what?"

Truth didn't even look in her direction as he answered her. "Naw."

"The hell you mean naw, Truth?! You know that damn parole officer wants proof that you working and they only way to show that is pay tubs." Kandi replied, annoyed.

"Man, fuck that nigga!" Truth barked.

"Truth, I'm not playing let's go." she said, sternly as she glared at him.

"I already told your ass I'm not going." he replied, waving her off.

Kandi titled her head as she looked at him in disbelief. "Oh, okay. Let's see how your mother feel about this situation."

"You really gonna call my momma?" Truth finally moved his gaze off the television and look at Kandi amused.

"I'ma do whatever it takes to get your ass out this house and in my salon." she replied, seriously

"Damn, man, fine!" he sighed as he got up from the couch.

"Good." Kandi said, smiling as they walked out the house and towards her car.

Kandi was pulling up in front of the salon with Sweet and Keith already there waiting for her.

Truth slammed her car door closed as he walked behind her.

Kandi could feel both Keith and Sweet questioning eyes on her, she quickly opened the salon and went to her station.

"Why is he here?" Keith finally asked, breaking the silence as he looked over at an annoyed Truth.

"He's going to be working here now." Kandi answered, simply.

"Doing what?" Keith asked, looking at her like she was crazy.

"Keith!" Sweet hissed as she shook her head at him.

"What? I just gotta make sure she ain't trying to replace a bitch." he snapped as he looked in his station mirror to fix his hair.

"No one replacing anyone, Keith." Kandi assured. "He's just going to be the shampoo and running errands."

"Oh, so he's like a intern?" Keith questioned as he turned to look at her.

"Yeah." she answered, nodding her head.

"A'ight, well thug I'ma need you to run to the store and get me some water:" Keith said as he went in his purse and pulled out a dollar.

"What the fuck you just call me?" Truth braked, glaring.

"Keith! Play nice." Kandi told him, shaking her head.

"You're no fun." Keith replied, rolling his eyes. "Can you please go to the store and get me a bottle of water?"

Truth shook his head mumbling to himself as he snatched the money from Keith's hand and walked out the salon.

"Ugh, you see that Kandi?!" Keith said as he placed his hand over his chest.

"You started with him first." Kandi said, chuckling.

"Whatever." he replied as he flipped his hair and started looking at his phone.

"Fix it jesus." Sweet mumbled, shaking her head.

A few minutes later Truth entered the salon and handed Keith his water before he sat back down.

Truth looked around the shop, noticing all the flowers. "What's the hell with all these flowers? Did someone die or something?"