"BABY MOMMA" - CHAPTER 5

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

                                                     "BABY MOMMA" - CHAPTER 5

"I don't know why you bought my ass with you." Truth complained for the third time as they walked down the aisle in the supermarket.

Kandi stopped pushing the shopping cart and turned around to see a bored and slightly annoyed looking Truth who had on a True Religion hooded on with basketball shorts.

"'Cause your ass need some air, you've been sitting in that house too long." Kandi retorted.

Truth sucked his teeth and started walking again, he really didn't mind food shopping at all, but he was annoyed that they had to go so early in the morning.

Kandi stopped the shopping cart in front of the meat section and was about to pick up the pork chops Truth wanted for dinner when she heard a familiar voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The guy who bumped into Truth apologized.

"You good." Truth nodded his head looking at guy in a Bill Cosby looking sweater.

Kandi tried to keep her eyes on the pack of pork chops she had in her hand and act like she was checking out the pork chops to make sure they were good, but she heard him call her name

"Kandi? Is that you?" The guy stepped around Truth and walked in front of Kandi's shopping cart.

Kandi slowly lifted her head as she became eye to eye with her ex before giving him a fake smile and she said, "Oh, hey, Brandon."

Truth raised his eyebrow and walked over too until he was standing right next to Kandi's side.

"It's so good to see you again. How are you?" Brandon asked, grinning.

"Fine." she said slowly as she nodded her head up and down feeling Truth eyes staring down on her. "Everything been good."

"That's good." he replied, smiling.

An awkward silence took over as they all stared at each other before Truth cleared his thoart.

"Who's your friend, Kandi?" Truth inquired, annoyed.

"Oh, um. Truth this is Brando my ex-boyfriend." she introduced.

Kandi went out with this square ass nigga? Truth thought as he looked over the guy pushing his glasses back on his nose.

"Whaddup?" Truth nodded his head as he throw his arm around Kandi's shoulder.

"I-I didn't know y'all." Brandon stuttered. "I didn't mean to disturb y'all."

"Naw, we ain't together." Kandi said as she shrugged off Truth's arm.

"Oh." The grin came back onto Brandon's face. "Well, I should get going. I'll call you later?"

"Um, sure." Kandi replied as she watched him walk away.

"What was that?" Truth asked, pissed.

"What are you talking bout?" Kandi placed the meat in the shopping cart.

"Naw, we ain't together." Truth repeated, mockingly.

"What? It's the truth." Kandi replied

"Yeah, whatever." Truth pulled his phone out his pocket and started grinning at it.

Kandi rolled her eyes and got the stuff she needed to make her famous smothered pork chops, homemade mash potato, homemade honey biscuits, and string beans.