Chapter five

Germany reached out his hand to turn off his alarm as he sat on his bed in complete silence and pondered in thoughts until his room door was open.

"Aren't you ready yet? Your friends will be here at any moment!" Reich leaned on the door and Germany blinked in confusion then gasped.

"I forgot about this!" He rushed out of his bed and went to the bathroom and Reich closed the door and walked downstairs, meeting up with German empire and having their breakfast.

"So, you'll be meeting with Soviet and Britain today?" German empire asked.

"Yeah..they'll drop off their kids here and we'll be going to search around and answer some countries calls of any suspicion.."

German empire nodded and sipped his tea as he looked out the window.

And soon Russia, America and Canada walked inside the house as Germany welcomed them and Reich left.

"Here's the library." Germany opened the hug double doors and smiled in pride when his friends' mouths gaped at the sight.

"So many books..." Canada mumbled while tracing his finger on the old books, making Germany chuckle as he took the lead.

"Although..this isn't why we came here." He walked through the aisles and soon stood by a wall that had many frames and many glass boxes with a lot of war items and weapons. "We came for this place exactly.."

Russia grinned as he walked over to look at the glass boxes, seeing many old weapons and maps, maps of old land areas and maps of war strategies too.

"Here!" Germany yelled as they went with him and he pointed at a bullet. "This is exactly like the picture, right Ame?"

America took out his phone and put it near the protected bullet. "Yeah..it is!"

"Morder ?" Canada tried to read the name. "Does it mean murder?"

"Mörder, means killer." Germany said as he looked at the glass box. "Although there isn't anything written about it here.."

"All the other bullets have descriptions about them..yet this one doesn't." Russia put his thump under his chin. "What is it that your grandfather's hiding?"

"Ahem.." they all stood in silence when they heard German empire clear his throat. "Why not ask him?" They all turned around and saw him there with a tray of tea. "Have you forgotten that I'm bringing tea?" He asked his grandson who gulped and smiled nervously.

"S-sorry.." he took the tray from him and put it on the table as America looked at the old country.

"So..what do you know about it?"

The older country sat on the table and watched as his grandson poured tea for him and the others. "Why would you kids want to know?"

"Because I want to stop him." Russia looked at German empire. "He's attacked my brother and others too...I don't want to stand there and watch."

German empire looked at Russia then at the others and, even his grandson, they all had that glint in their eyes that reminded him of his youth and he couldn't help a chuckle.

"We can use your young fresh minds for sure.." he put his hands on the table and started. "They immobilize what they target."

Russia froze in his place as he looked at German empire. "What do you mean immobilize..." his fists were shaking a lot as he tried to breathe. "What happened to my brother..."

Everyone in the room went silent.

"What do you mean immobilize?!" Russia stood up with tears in his eyes. "You mean to tell me that my brother won't fly anymore?!"

German empire sighed and looked at his hands. "With today's technology and medical knowledge...we only hope that they'll make a cure to it.." he looked at Russia who stood there with emptiness in his eyes. "That's why we need to stop him or more people will lose their ability to fly."

Russia fell down on his seat and covered his face, realizing just now why his father was more quiet last night, how he was heartbroken...

Russia stayed in his place, not bothering himself to make Canada remove his hand that rubbed his back to soothe him.

"Who knows about this..?" Canada asked as German empire looked at him and as nonchalantly as ever he answered:

"Your father Britain, Soviet, Russian empire and Reich and UN. You mustn't tell anyone of this knowledge...not even your friends or family members."

"Not even NATO?" America asked and German empires stayed silent.

"Not unless things get out of hands...for now let's keep it quiet.."

Canada looked down and stayed silent as America looked at his phone then at German empire.

"But..how does this bullet work..?" He asked making German empire smirk and get up.

"I'm glad you asked." Russia looked up tiredly at him and saw the man walk over to Germany and tapped his wing, making Germany open it and he pressed his finger on one of the bones. "The bullet will enter your wing and as soon as it makes contact with it it'll open up a bit." He pressed on the wing and Germany winced. "You'll be drowning in pain and once you wake up. Your whole wing that got shot, won't ever move or flinch." He said and put down his grandson's wing and patted his head. "That's how it works."

"So you mean to say.." Russia raised his head to look at the empire. "That his other wing is fine with moving..?"

"Precisely. The bullet's effect is limited on the limp it touches."

"Why was it displayed here, opa..? Was it used back in your war?"

"Indeed. My war was the year it was produced. And in the middle of the second war it stopped being in production..the fact the one behind this knows it..is very dangerous.."

.....

Germany watched as his friends walked out the house and he frowned sadly. "Opa...will they really be cured..?"

"As we speak now..I'm sure Soviet and the others talked to UN and that he's out there making sure to collect the best doctors to look for a cure.." German empire closed the door and smiled at Germany. "You should sleep now, it's late." He said as he headed to the living room and turned on the television while Germany stood by the room's entrance.

"Yeah..-" he stopped when the news channel was on and the report was displayed.

"Breaking news! Another country has been attacked and it was yet another winged country, Poland, he was in the park when the attack happened, and to top it all, the UN himself has requested all injured counties are not to be visited! For how long will these attacks keep on happening and why-" German empire switched off the television as Germany was shaking.

"P-Poland..?" He asked with worry as his tears fell. "I-I have to see him! He's my friend! I-I have to!" Germany looked at German empire and the older country held his shoulders.

"Don't worry...calm down..we'll try to see him soon.."