Chapter One: Lookout, There's a New Girl in Town

A/N: ✌🏼Hey there everyone❄. So as mentioned, I am re-writing the miraculous fanfiction to make some adjustments and well it has led to quite a few changes🥺, some changes are more prominent than others. ❤I hope that you all enjoy this refreshed version of the story✨.

Chat Noir's POV

Well, it did seem like an ordinary day at first... but then again, it's not every day that your father grounds you for life and is then the akumatised villain that needs to be defeated. It does, however, prove that he's not Hawkmoth like m'lady suggested earlier. What would have made her even think that?

"So that must mean Gabriel Agreste can't possibly be Hawkmoth since he has been akumatised," I stated, and she looked at me. "You think Agreste turning into the collector good news?" She asked. If only you knew m'lady... this thought relieved me and helped me to keep my head in this fight.

Marinette's POV

I stood with Alya while the others welcomed Adrien back, I had told her the same story that I told Mr Agreste. I know I did take the book, but I didn't tell Alya that it was Lila who had stolen it first to impress Adrien. I left that important piece out for two reasons. Firstly, she believed Lila's lies like everyone else, I would have hoped her journalism skills would have spotted those lies, and secondly, she would ask way too many questions, which I wish she would do with Lila, that could put me in a difficult situation.

So, she believed I stayed back because I feel bad for what I did, I mean I do really feel bad for how I reacted and how it turned out. There is just something about that Lila that made me react in a way I wish I did not... The fault is with me, especially changing into Ladybug like that.

Adrien came to me later on, "Marinette," the love of my life is calling my name, but if his dad told him everything then this can't be good, could it? I was so lost in thought I hadn't responded to him yet. "Marinette?" He asked with concern as he came closer to me. "H-hi A-aa-Adrien," I stuttered and looked down, what if he's here to say he hates me and doesn't want to be my friend ever again? "Hey Marinette, listen my dad told me what happened..." he started, and I interrupted him.

Third Person POV

"I'm so sorry about what happened Adrien, I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I truly am sorry, and I understand if you never want to be friends again. I'll stay away from you, and I won't cause you any trouble," she said, surprising herself with the lack of a stutter or embarrassing slip-ups in that sentence.

"No Marinette, I still want to be your friend. I was just surprised to know it was you who had taken it," he said, he was also surprised that she had not stuttered at all, she must have felt quite guilty. He still admired his classmate and even though she had gotten him in trouble at least she had unintentionally proven that his dad was not Hawkmoth. "I just wanted to tell you that I forgive you Marinette... I don't want you to feel guilty about what happened, things have worked out and everything is going back to normal," he said with a smile.

Marinette had been very surprised and also relieved... so much so that it had not taken very long for her flustered manner to resurface. "Wow thanks Adrien, this is why you're so perfect, I mean why you're so nice because you have a good heart and that's what makes me love you a-ah-as a friend yeah. T-thank y-you I should get going it's almost time for class well you know because we're in the same class even though there's a lot of time, which is strange since I'm always late. I'm talking way too much but I uh byee," she said and dashed away like the normal Marinette everyone knew and loved, blissfully unaware that she had a pair of lilac eyes following her every move.

As Marinette walked to class with her friends and classmates, she spotted a figure leaning against their classroom wall near the doorway. She was slightly taller than Marinette with matching porcelain skin and navy-blue hair. However, her hair cascaded down her back and seemed to flow around her with its light curls. A lilac ribbon had been weaved through the waterfall braid she wore and wrapped around the meeting place of those braids with a pink flower clip holding it in place.

Miraculous Turn of Events Re-write