Chapter Eight: Enter Reverser

They leave the art room, sometime before the final bell. Nathaniel is sitting on the stairs, imagining the story play in front of him, looking to be in pure bliss. Marinette and Marc are hiding behind a staircase across the room, spying on him. "Do you think he likes it?" Marc asked, "Look at his face, of course, he does," Marinette replies. "Its rude to spy on people," Adrien states as he appears behind the pair, Marinette quickly spins around as she begins her reply.

"Eh No! It's not what you think at all! Its just that... its gonna be... eh... Nathaniel's birthday is soon and, ehm, Marc and I wanted... to give him a disguise... I mean, surprise!" she tried to explain in her usual manner around Adrien. "Cool!" he states with a wink, not really buying it, "Very typical of you, Marinette. Well, if you need any help with that, let me know," he says and begins walking off.

"Sure won't!" she said in a higher-pitched voice from embarrassment, "Sure will," she corrected and slumped. "You're just as shy as I am, aren't you?" Marc asked, "Just do as I say, not as I do, okay?" Marinette replies. They turn their attention to Nathaniel who is now with Oceani, "Oh no, Oceani could tell him that it's my book I hope they don't turn to the back," Marc says nervously and begins to worry while Marinette tries to calm him down. "It's okay, I'll go by and make sure she doesnt say or look at the back," Marinette states and rushes to the two on the staircase.

"Hey Nath, what's got you so happy?" Oceani asked as she peered at the book he was reading, she paused thinking about why it looked so familiar. Suddenly it hit her, "Hey that book..." she started, but was interrupted by Marinette. "Hey how's it going guys?" she asks the two, "All good here Mari," Oceani says, Nathaniel nodded in response. "So, uh... what did you think?" she asked hesitantly, but Nathaniel responded enthusiastically.

"Its seriously amazing! But how did you get a hold of it?" he asked, "First, I need to know if you're willing to meet the person who wrote it and then trusted it to me," she answered. Nathaniel looks at her suspiciously, "Is it... who I think it is?" he asked. "I can't tell you anything. Please don't insist," she answered, "Sure. Of course," he says with a wink. "Awesome! You're gonna make someone very happy," Marinette says, "I know you will," Oceani agrees and hides her smile behind her hand.

Nathaniel tries to hand Marinette back the book, "You keep it. You can give it back to the author later today. In person," she says holding out her hand to stop him. He thought that its a dream come true and faced Marinette seriously, "This isn't some kind of prank, is it, Marinette?" he asked, she shook her head. "Meet at the Place des Vosges Square Fountain. Trust me, you will not be disappointed," she said and headed out.

"Hey Nath, could I tag along?" Oceani asked, "Sure," he answered trying to hide his excitement. "Was the story that great?" she asked as they walked together, "Definitely," he said happily, "Uhm, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to let anyone else see it, but it's you so would you like to?" he asked, offering her the book. Oceani took it excitedly, "Aw thank you Nath, I have always wanted to read this book," she stated accepting the book and immediately diving in.

Nathaniel was going to ask her what she meant, but since she was already engrossed, he shrugged it off as her just being zealous. They walked together to Place des Vosges Square Fountain, he had to ensure she didn't trip or walk into anything as she read. Not that she asked, she seemed to be able to navigate it perfectly, they were completely unaware that their arrival was being observed by Marinette who was using her phones camera to zoom in on the park.

"Final phase of operation Comic Book, Tikki," Marinette stated, "This will be better than a fairy tale ending," the kwami added. "I hope that Oceani being there doesn't make Marc too nervous," she said and Tikki nodded in agreement as they watched. Marc was sitting by the fountain and saw the two who were just a few paces away, he pulled his hoody more feeling shy and calmed himself down with what Rairakku told him. He knew he was ready to take the leap, he was not going to back down now, but he froze as he saw their faces so close to each other and they were reading the back of the book.

You've reached the end of published parts.

⏰ Last updated: Apr 12, 2023 ⏰

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!

Miraculous Turn of Events Re-write