Just five more minutes... // a short Joy x Sarah story

It was morning. Joy and Sarah were laying in Joy's bed, sleeping. Sarah had come to Joy because she felt down and wanted to cuddle, which Joy obviously allowed. 

The sun shone through a gap in the curtains, right on Joy's face. Joy's eyes fluttered open. She yawned and turned to Sarah, who was cuddled up close to her. Joy studied the shorter woman's face. She saw some hair had fallen onto Sarah's face and tucked it behind her ear.

"Such a sleeping beauty..." she muttered. 

She knew she had to wake her girlfriend, they had to start the day. Joy got a bit closer to Sarah's face. 

"Sarah," she said, "wake up, we have to get up."

Sarah's eyes fluttered open. She yawned and stretched.

"Good morning Joy." She said with a small smile. 

Joy blushed and smiled back. She leaned in and pressed a tender kiss on Sarah's forehead. Sarah blushed a pink hue.

"Morning Sarah." Joy said, in a soft tone. "I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna make us all breakfast."

She wanted to get up, but Sarah stopped her. She hummed and buried her face in Joy's chest. 

"Please stay..."

"I can't stay, Sarah. I need to get up and make us breakfast. I'm gonna make a very tasty breakfast too. It's gonna be pancakes." Joy said.

Sarah held Joy tighter and pulled her closer.

"Can you stay here for five more minutes?" She asked. 

Joy smiled. Sarah was too adorable. Besides, the bed was very warm and nice. And so was Sarah's body pressed up to hers.

"Alright, five more minutes, but after that I have to go." She said.

Sarah smiled as she looked up at Joy for a moment.

"Thank you. Also, you do know you don't have to make us breakfast right? We're all adults and we can take care of our own breakfast." 

Joy shrugged with a small smile.

"Yeah, I know, but I also want to do it because I think it's fun."

"You think everything is fun, babe."

"I know."

They went silent for a while. Sarah had buried her face in Joy's chest again, taking in her scent. She looked up at Joy again.

"Joy?"

Joy, who had closed her eyes, opened them, looking back at Sarah.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Joy blushed and smiled.

"Aww, I love you too!"

"I feel so nice when we're cuddling like this. It feels so warm and safe." Sarah said.

Joy nodded, agreeing.

"Well, I think so too. Especially since you're so cute and huggable."

Sarah blushed.

"Aww, stop it."

"And you have such a cute face, beautiful eyes, soft lips, oh Sarah, you're perfect..." Joy pressed Sarah closer to her. 

Sarah was blushing madly now. To hide her blush, she hid her face in Joy's chest again.

"Aww, did someone get flustered? Did I make my cutie pie feel all flashy?" Joy teased. 

Sarah let out a soft, embarrassed noise as she pressed her face more against Joy's chest. Joy giggled and pulled Sarah up, kissing her for a brief moment before pulling away. 

"I love you."

Sarah smiled through her flustered expression.

"I love you too."

Very short, I know, but I wanted to just write a bit of fluff on here :3 hope y'all enjoyed it!!