𝒊𝒊𝒊. wild bears and silent trees

            "Psst!"

            "Psst!"

            Zola turned around sharply, away from the Pevensies going towards the boat and to Trumpkin, walking closely behind her.

            She'd agreed to come along with him and the Pevensies. Though that was only because Finley was gone when she turned to the forest to fetch him.

            Zola crouched down a little and slowed her pace down to grow the space between them and the rest.

            "We found Caspian before I got taken," Trumpkin started. "Nikabrik and Badger took him in. He's fine."

            That caught Zola's attention. "You know where Cas is now?"

            Trumpkin slowly turned his head, giving her a look that could only mean how stupid she was. "Where'd you think I was taking you?"

            "Oh," Zola replied. "Well, you could've just said that."

            Trumpkin scoffed. "You wouldn't want them to know."

            "Right."

            From the water, Peter yelled. "The boat's ready!" Everyone gathered at the boat. "Lead us the way." Peter smiled at Trumpkin.

            Peter ended up rowing the boat, because he was the strongest. Trumpkin sat in the very front, to lead him exactly where to go. The Pevensie girls sat between them, Susan looked out onto the water while Lucy kept staring at all the trees.

            Zola and Edmund ended up pushed into the back. It was a narrow space, meaning they had to sit quite close to each other, their legs and arms touching. Zola had laid down her sword in the boat, meanwhile Edmund and Peter kept it on.

            Zola's side was pressed tightly against the side of the boat, causing her wound to hurt more. But she wasn't so keen on showing it in her face.

            She leaned in slightly in Edmund's way, her tone low enough for the rest not to hear. "You know, a thank you would be great."

            Edmund's face scrunched up. "Why should I?"