Chapter 5

Within seconds he got down on his knees and shook Darrian awake. This was not the time for him to stay passed out.

Once the other boy woke up, he looked at the other with the same amount of horror and surprise.

"Am I-" immediately darrian got cut off, "no time for questions, get up and run." He said.

While running down a hallway, Darrian was becoming a little slow for Ethan's taste so he ended up grabbing his hand and throwing him into a locker.

The Evils had already started to chase them by that time. Ethan hated them. Tiny monsters who attacked anyone and anything for no reason. Almost like it was a game to them.

"Open it and crawl inside!" He said and the other boy did as he was told.

He ran as fast as he could before downsizing his weapon and sliding through the locker swiftly. Once in the other room he shut the door and turned around, still sitting on the floor.

The room they were in now looked like a counselor's office. Everywhere, body positivity posters were stapled. The walls, the ceiling, the floor, even the windows. This was brand new to Ethan, in the months he had been in that world, he had never seen a room that represented trauma.

"You killed yourself?" He calmly asked, looking at the other boy.

He nodded slowly, earning a small sigh from Ethan.

"So...I am dead?" He asked.

"You don't appear to be. It seems you are stuck between life and death right now." The older boy quickly responded.

Darrian looked at him. The curiosity on his face was so innocent, so much that if Ethan didn't know the circumstances of this situation, he wouldn't have said anything.

"In this world, usually— when you die...." He breathed in and out before continuing, why was this so hard to say? "There are monsters that we call bosses that appear after we defeat the 'evils'. Those little monsters that were chasing after us? Well, that's what those were." He crosses his arms.

"What are these monsters here for, like what is their significance?" Darrian naturally had a lisp due to his Nyc accent and him being Dominican, so the word 'significance' didn't come out right.

"They represent your trauma, and trust, every single person on earth has trauma. There's always a specific underlying reason why people commit. You know, contrary to popular belief, depression is not the main cause of why people commit suicide but it is the main factor." He says.

"But isn't factors and causes the same thing?" Darrian asked.

"With my time spent here, I can confidently say no. Not everyone experiences depression every day, praise the ones who do and are still living. But when that one 'situation' happens depression comes quickly after and soon after that, suicide. But maybe I think that way because they have me deal with the more extreme cases, so I could be wrong." He answers.

"Oh," Darrian said, catching onto that last part. Was he an 'extreme case'?

"Word to, This is my first time seeing someone's trauma in the form of this. So I guess we're going together." Ethan explained.

Darrian moved and sat next to him, letting out a calm sigh as he scooted closer.

Before he died, Ethan was easy as hell to talk to. So maybe he'd understand the things that led up to this.

So for some time, they talked about anything and everything that came to mind.

After all, they are best friends. Ethan being dead in their world didn't change that not one bit.

~~~~~
I know this chapter may be type boring to y'all but for y'all can get the next parts of this story this chapter had to be made.