Chapter 12

Melascula hesitated at first, but she did decide to shake (Y/n)'s hand as she agreed to the deal.

This human was incredibly powerful. And their sudden suggestion of a contract was suspicious, especially when it was paired with that grin of theirs.

But at the same time, they were just a human. Surely, their request wouldn't be that difficult for her to achieve. Plus, it's not like they'll actually escape the Cocoon of Darkness.

Maybe something along the lines of leaving Meliodas alone? Well, it's not like killing Meliodas was the end goal. And the request will only apply to her either way. So Meliodas can still die, just as long as she isn't the one to kill him.

Melascula listened to the human's conditions, which were not what she was expecting at all.

"And if I win, you must surrender your Commandment of Faith, to me."

How did they even come up with this? What exactly does this human know?

She didn't show it, but Melascula felt a bit nervous. Can she take the deal back? Probably not, she already agreed.

'Gambling with souls and Commandments. This deal...it has really high stakes.'

But those worries were slightly relieved upon a realisation: a special spell is needed to remove a Commandment from its wielder, and (Y/n) most likely is unaware of it. After all, the spell is basically top secret. Only the sons of the Demon King can know how to perform it (and maybe Merlin).

There was no way the human could do it. Even she doesn't know. It's impossible that the spell somehow got leaked out.

'So then, why is the human acting like they've already won?'

•×<^=^>ו

Having things go their way was nice.

(Y/n) was satisfied. In addition to getting out of the Cocoon, they'll also be taking a legendary souvenir, only 10 of its kind.

'Hm, maybe I should become a collector?'

They weren't actually planning on absorbing the Commandment. It's not like they need to, since they can just use its abilities anyway.
Besides, they weren't a demon, so absorbing it might have some adverse reactions, which they were not at all curious to find out.

In a deal, one should try to coerce the best benefits out of the other. However, Melascula will be unable to offer that. Not when (Y/n) can do pretty much whatever they want with their power.

So, they figured to simply take something important from the other. In this case, the Commandment of Faith. Melascula was so proud of it after all, so loyal to the Demon King who granted it to her.

(Y/n) admitted it was quite mean. But, their life was technically on the line. The exchange should be fair, no?
Also, weren't they playing Judicator right now? For the sins of murdering so many, Melascula shall be stripped of her Commandment. It's only just.

And it's not like the demon was able to keep her Commandment safe. So (Y/n) could just do it for her.

Well, now that the deal is set, all they had to do was win the gamble.

They just needed to show true power.

"Domain Expansion: "

They voiced, as they placed their hand in front of them, index and middle fingers out before slightly crossing together.

"Infinite Void."

Melascula's Cocoon of Darkness was enveloped by (Y/n)'s own Domain. Limitless and chaotic: trees, darkness, sounds, nebulas, water, etc. Everything was infinitely granted.