Chapter 18

After taking Melascula's Commandment, (Y/n) decided to teleport and pay the unmoving Galand a visit as well. Might as well collect another Commandment.

It was an easy matter, since Galand was turned to stone, therefore incapable of fighting. Meaning that they didn't have to waste time trying to persuade him.

"Wozun Meihen Ka Ishuma No Jimeu."

(Y/n) chanted, and the Commandment of Truth emerged from the stone body of Galand, before they grabbed it and made it disappear "Creto."

Now, that's two out of ten. Suppose this marks the end of their stroll.

But instead of going back directly, (Y/n) teleported to the village that sold those lovely apple pies they bought not long ago. They just remembered to gift some for Gloxinia to try.

An old yet serene voice greeted them, as they paced over to that specific stall.
"Ah, you're a face I remember. You've enjoyed these pies of mine, have you?"

"Mhm. I'd like three this time. Those middle-sized ones. And please cut them for me too."

"Understood. Are these all for you? You have quite the appetite, young one." The stall owner, an aged woman, joked as she began to cut and package some recently made pies that were still warm.

"That's not it. Eating all of this myself - wouldn't that be lonely?"

The short conversation ended there. And after a few minutes, the lady placed three boxes on the counter.

(Y/n) touched all three, and made them float beside them. Chuuya's ability is so convenient.

"Thank you, ma'am." They spoke, and placed a handful of gold (which they've stored in Inventory after raiding that one village) directly into the old woman's hands.

"Goodness. Young one, you're overpaying again-" The stall owner was about to decline, but stopped herself upon realising that there was no one there. The generous person already left. When?

Sighing exasperatedly, the woman murmured. "Seriously? Are they a noble in disguise or something? How can they be so inattentive with their money?"

She then shook her head. "Paying gold for just three pies. What a wild costumer."

-"=..[°] the..="-

By now, Gloxinia and Drole had finished with the matter regarding King and Diane. The Time Regression Spell has been used and the other two were unconscious.

And currently, Gloxinia was flying back and forth as he began to worry about (Y/n). He knew they were very strong; he's seen their power firsthand. Despite that, the fairy couldn't help but overthink.

'Why are they taking so long? (Y/n) only went out for a stroll. Did something happen? Did they somehow get arrested? Were they ambushed?'

Anxious thoughts swirled inside his mind, as he came up with a bunch of absurd speculations.

Even Gloxinia himself didn't know why he was so shaken. It's not like (Y/n)'s been gone for that long. And it's not like they're weak - not at all.

Yet these reassurances helped little to ease his mind.

'What if they unknowingly ate something poisonous? Did they accidentally do something and ended up in a prison? Maybe they carelessly fell asleep somewhere, and some vile humans show up and-'

Gloxinia rapidly shook his head, ending such a thought. 'Surely not.'

At that moment, he stopped his back and forth flying, as he heard a sigh from Drole, who had been watching him for a while now.