Chapter 27

Soon after returning to the forest, Gloxinia heard Zeldris's voice, contacting him through the Commandments.

He and Drole paused in their conversation with (Y/n), to which they tilted their head with a questioning look.

"Zeldris is trying to contact us." Drole informed them.
Then, turning to Gloxinia, he asked. "What should we do?"

The fairy thought about it, before hearing (Y/n)'s unconcerned response. "Just answer. What's the point of ghosting the guy? Cut ties with him directly."

"Let's do that then." The fairy agreed.

Answering to Zeldris's desperate call, Gloxinia greeted telepathically. 'Hey, Zeldris!'

'Gloxinia? What are you doing? Are you alone?' Zeldris interrogated in turn.

Ignoring the first question, Gloxinia only bothered to answer the second. 'No. Drole's here with me, too.'

'Why'd you take so long to answer?'

'Hmm. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was gonna answer at all.'

Drole joined in the telepathic conversation, getting straight to the point. 'We won't be following your orders any longer. Maybe you feel this act of defiance seems overdue, but we finally realised that we made the wrong choice.'

'Please give the others our regards, okay?' Gloxinia elvishly mentioned. 'Tell them the next time we meet, it'll be as enemies.'

'You're nothing but a Giant and a Fairy. In the end, we were never going to see eye to eye.' Zeldris frustratingly commented, before finally cutting of contact.

Feeling a change in his body, Gloxinia glanced down at his chest where his Commandment mark would've been located. However, it wasn't there.

He announced this to the others. "The force of my Commandment and my mark are gone. Guess I'm not one of the 10 Commandments anymore."

Immediately, the fairy felt himself being pulled towards (Y/n) by his waist, with one of their hands placed upon his cheek.

"My dearest Gloxinia, your amber eyes are the sunrise that lights up the world. Flawlessly elysian and sublime. And I'd never be happier to one day wake up to you, and see the warm sunrise stare back at me."

Oh, right. This is the first time that (Y/n) sees his original eye colour, isn't it?

As such, their compliment didn't baffle him too much. Though he was still surprised of course.

'Doesn't it also seem like some kind of fancy invitation to sleep with them?'

But that aside, Gloxinia felt a strong sense of appreciation and adoration for (Y/n). His heart racing and cheeks flushing with red.

A gentle smile adorned his face, as his eyes softened - with dilated pupils due to oxytocin and dopamine - into an expression of love.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) seemed to be in awe for a while, before they continued to speak.

"Yes, you just keep your pretty eyes on me. They are most beautiful when they convey love - driving me insane."

If (Y/n)'s previous compliment didn't fluster him before (in which it did), than these words definitely did.

Gloxinia's blush reddened, extending to his ears and down to his neck. Warmth filled his body, accompanied by euphoric and enthused thoughts.

'Why are you able to make me so shy with just a few words? I want to look away, but you told me to keep my eyes on you. You're driving me insane, too - in the most addictive way possible.'