Chapter 32

'Great, now there's two.'

(Y/n) thought in distaste upon seeing the cursed view of both Cusack and Chandler in their demon form.

Blood trickled down Chandler's body, which was covered by wounds and bruises, with a new deeper cut across his chest. His expression was that of fury: gritted teeth, tense muscles, and a glare.

'Stay mad.' (Y/n) found Chandler's anger ironic if anything. He was the one that hurt Gloxinia, therefore earning (Y/n)'s wrath. If it isn't the consequences of his own actions.

Meanwhile, Cusack immediately rushed over to attack (Y/n), slicing his dual swords in their direction. It caught them off guard, and they just barely managed to fly to the side, dodging the two darkness-forged blades.

And with their attention now exclusively on Cusack, they felt a sword dig into the skin of their back once more - damn Chandler. A pained hiss escaped them, and they sped backwards, creating distance between them and the two demons, undoing their injury again with All Fiction.

Okay.

They no longer had the advantage.

They couldn't use Zhongli's shield, since they were currently levitating in the air. Flying towards the ground was rather unachievable in this situation - their attention being fully focused on dodging Chandler's and Cusack's attacks.

And it was starting to get incredibly difficult to keep up with the speed of the two demons. They'd focus on one demon, but then the other would attack from their blind spots before they could dodge or block. Damn were their attacks unrelenting.

Plus, the pressure and fast pace of the battle made it difficult to think accurately. They didn't have enough time to remember characters and their respective powers in accordance to the situation. Especially for (Y/n), who didn't actually have much experience in dealing with this sort of fight.

Two powerful opponents was rather overwhelming even for them.

This was different to their confrontation with the 10 Commandments.

Back then, they didn't actually have to fight properly. Their aura and surge of power when they escaped the Cocoon of Darkness already forced the Commandments into a state of frailty and fear.

What was the reason to that change? (Y/n) knows it has something to do with their left eye - but what exactly?

And can they maybe do it again? Cause they definitely needed it right now.

Or a pause. Just a few moments. An opportunity.

-_:"*'(|)'*":_-

On the ground with Gloxinia, Drole watched as (Y/n) fought with both Chandler and Cusack, who were both unbelievably strong demons.

To the giant, those three almost seemed unreachable in this moment. They were fighting in the sky, with great pace and momentum. And he was just watching them from the earth, below the battle.

Gloxinia probably felt like this too, as the fairy also gazed upwards. Though, Drole easily noticed the worry evident on his friend's expression. And he could understand why, since he felt the same.

When he first met (Y/n), he tried to protect them in the fight against Meliodas. After all, he didn't know about their abilities, and he couldn't risk it.

Then, that same human had shown extreme power, strangely otherworldly and incomprehensible.

And eventually, Drole began to get used to seeing (Y/n) with the advantage, displaying superiority over their opponents. Their confident and carefree demeanor also reflected that.