Chapter 13. 1814 

Clara felt her body explode into flames at those delicious words. Her husband desired her. She brushed her lips against his with her own desperate kiss. "Well then your grace, the person who I feel that fire with is right here in my arms."
Anthony's arms tightened around her, his body burning. "My love, I do hate to ruin things, but I believe we should depart from our reception and make our way upstairs to our chamber. I don't believe I can hold out much longer. I am desperate to make you mine."
Clara. "Then let us go."
Yearning to be alone as husband and wife, the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire moved quickly through the ballroom and up the grand flight of marble stairs leading to the second floor. Finding their chamber, they walked inside and closed the door behind them. The music and laughter instantly faded.
Clara glanced around her chamber, noticing how beautiful it was. The walls were composed of cream and pale gold trim. The floor was composed of dark red marble. Looking around, she noticed that the entire room was bathed with two dozen glowing gold candles, along with a blazing fireplace. There was a large and tall glass window overlooking the countryside. There was a dressing table, closet, bathing chamber and chamber pot. However, the most impressive thing in the room was the majestic king size bed. The mahogany headboard had roses carved into it. The coverlet was composed of dusty blue velvet.
Anthony came up behind her, sliding his arms around her waist. "Do you like it my love?"
Clara smiled, noticing the two dozen bouquets of red white and pink roses as well. "I love it, it's perfect."
Anthony tilted her face up to his for a sweet kiss. "I'm glad you like it. I was wanting everything to be special for you tonight. For both of us."
Clara returned his kiss before taking a step back and looking at him. "Earlier, you said your previous relationship was only for six months. You did nothing more than kiss?"
Anthony took her hands. "Nothing more than that. She was wanting to do more, but I refused. I told her I was wanting to wait for the right person."
Clara. "I'm glad you didn't give yourself to her."
Anthony. "I would never give myself to anyone if I didn't love them."
Clara felt her heart squeeze. Did Anthony love her? Did he truly love her? She stared into his eyes. "Anthony, please tell me honestly, what are your true feelings?"
Anthony caressed her cheek, then took her face between his hands. "My darling love, you have no idea how badly I adore you. You have captured my heart body and soul. You are kind and beautiful, absolutely magnificent. There is no other woman in the world I love more than you."
Tears gathered at the corners of Clara's eyes, rolling down her cheeks as she absorbed his words. Anthony loved her. He adored her. She was the only woman he would ever love. She brushed her lips against his. "My dearest Anthony, you have captured me completely.You have brought me such happiness, and there is no one in the world I love and adore more than you."
Their lips came together for a deep and passionate kiss, their fingers working to remove one another's clothing. Their tongues danced in a delicious waltz of pleasure, stoking a fire deep within their bodies. After several minutes, they took a few steps back to admire one another.
Clara allowed her eyes to cascade down her husband's body, outlining every curve and muscle that he possessed. She could tell he was very skilled with horseback riding and fencing, her eyes couldn't stop staring at his muscles that seemed to ripple from every inch of his body. Her eyes traveled across his face, adoring the way his golden curls glowed beneath the candle light. And then her eyes traveled down to his cock, which was standing tall and erect against his belly.
Anthony, meanwhile, was doing his own explorations. His wife was a goddess. Her body was full and perfect, her curves scrumptious and luscious. His eyes traveled across her face, mesmerized by the way her dark red curls glowed beneath the fire light. He drank in every single curve of her body, right down to the Apex between her thighs.
Clara took a deep breath, her tongue sliding out of her mouth and licking her dry lips. She was at a complete loss for words. But then her body moved, and she found herself sliding her arms around his neck, pressing herself against him.
Anthony held her tightly against him, feeling her skin against his own. His lips found hers and his tongue devoured her. He swept his tongue across every crevice of her mouth, sliding it along her tongue. He growled with pleasure, feeling her reciprocate each kiss with her own. He felt his cock throb with excitement and anticipation. Bloody hell, he was wanting to be inside her.
Clara moaned with pleasure, her arms tight around his neck. Her tongue twisted feverishly with his, tasting him, devouring him. She felt her self becoming slick and wet. Good Lord, she was wanting him desperately.
Leading her over to the bed, Anthony lay her carefully down onto the mattress, soon lying next to her. His arms remained around her, his hands caressing and squeezing her flesh gently. He kissed her tenderly, his eyes adoring as they looked into hers. "You are so beautiful."
Clara caressed his face, returning his kiss. "As are you my love. You are exquisite."
Anthony moved so that he was on top of her. His eyes fixed with hers, he slowly opened her thighs, allowing her to be completely open for him. His voice was soft as he spoke. "My love, I need to make you ready for me."
Clara was confused. "What do you mean?"
Anthony caressed her hair. "Well, even though I have not engaged in intimacy with anyone before you, I have read several books."
Clara smiled softly. "And pray, what do those books reveal your grace?"
Anthony's eyes danced with desire. "Well, your grace, they describe how a gentleman should please his lady."