PROLOGUE

The cream colored cat panted, their paws being sore from all the running. She picked up the kits into a small little pouch, only leaving out one that could not fit into the bag. She looked back and hissed, she let go of the kit and ran away. The kit mewed, not being able to see and being left behind. She traveled through the deep, gloomy woods.

She stepped onto the stones that led into Riverclan, she was desperate. The cats looked at her, did a trespasser really just enter the camp? "Please! Help me and my kits!" She called desperately, her eyes red from crying. Olive/star pounced down from the rock, observing the desperate queen and her kittens, 5 of them, to be exact.

"I need a safe shelter for my kits!" The she-cat asked the leader for shelter, sobbing at Olive/star's paws. The kits mewed and one fell out from the small pouch, obviously hungry. "Give the poor queen shelter, we will decide what to do later on. " Ordered Olive/star, blinking his green eyes and walking away. " Hold it- we're just going to let a random cat that just trespassed into our camp and let them stay? We're mouse brains if we do that!" Wailed a black cat with deep, purple eyes. Other cats nodded and agreed, "I said we will decide what to do." Hissed the leader, making the cats drop their tails and pin down their ears.

The black warrior with the purple eyes snarled and muttered things under his breath. "In fact, you are the one who will take her to the nursery." Eyed the leader, gazing at Night/eyes who stared in shock, he knew better than to argue with his leader. He sighed and helped her get up, they padded towards the nursery where kits mewing and playing were heard, she shivered. The kits began to mew and mew for their mother, "In here." He said, nodding his head towards the nursery and seeing only 2 kittens, and 2 queens. The kittens were playing and the queens licked each other's fur, sharing tongues.

The kits stopped playing and the queens stopped sharing tongues, glancing at the poor kittens in the bag. "Oh dear- that's quite a litter." Said one of the queens, whispering to the queen before she hissed and growled, she sat down on a moss bed and started to tend to her kittens, in the litter there was a brown tabby with a white underbelly that was the one that mewed less, "Kestrel/kit."  she purred, nuzzling Kestrel/Kit. She then noticed a light yellow kitten that looked like her the most, because of her cream-colored fur. "Lemon/kit." She meowed, as the queens were watching her name the kittens. The queens so badly wanted to give name suggestions, but the cream-colored she-cat already had ideas. She then noticed a lilac furred tabby that was the only she-cat of the litter.

"Lavender/kit." She grinned, soothing down Lavender with her tail. A kitten was badly trying to drink milk, but she grabbed them and examined them. She suddenly hissed and dropped the kitten, making them drop down onto the moss bedding. The queens wailed, "You would drop a poor kitten like that?!" Said the queen, standing up and looking over the other kittens, as if they were her own. The cream-colored she-cat, called poppy/ear, rolled her eyes and hissed at the light brown kitten. 

"I assume a horrid kitten still needs a name.. Bee/kit." She growled and left them out of the litter, moving the kittens closer to her, and the kitten was left alone, blind and trying to find its mother with its nose. She glanced at one that was the last one and examined its dark grey, "River/kit, in honor of river/clan." She smiled,She let the kittens drink their share of milk, while the other one was the loudest and looking for food. She hissed and spat at the kit, grabbing the kit and letting it drink. Moments later, the kits desperately needed to rest. As the kittens all warmed one another, she sighed and rested her head on her shoulder. Poppy/ear shivered, the breeze becoming stronger, before it got extremely windy. It was very late, the dark blue sky meant that the sun was about 2 hour away before it went up. 

"Hello." Said the leader, nodding their head and looking around, making sure everything was all right. "It's very windy.. my deputy encouraged me to give moss blankets to each cat, give these to the other queens and yourself, will you?" Asked the leader and she nodded, she covered the queens with the blankets. They began to stop shivering, along with their kittens. she went back to her moss bed and covered herself and her kits with a moss blanket. "What will you do with me..?" She mewed, right when the leader was about to leave, his eyes widened. "Aha, that's what I was missing." He said with a small grin over his snout. "These are desperate times, indeed, but we give you this offer. Will you join Riverclan?" Began Olive/star, his green eyes lighting up the whole nursery. Poppyear hesitated, looking at the kittens and their sake, began nodding her head. "Yes, I will join your clan." She mewed, glaring into the green eyes.

"Very well then, you will catch your own prey and have someone watch over your kittens, and you will watch the other queen's kittens while they are away and fetching their share." Said Olive/star, making Poppy/ear nod once again.

" Welcome to Riverclan..." Olive/star noticed he didn't know her name. "Poppy/ear." She said, "Poppy ear, welcome to Riverclan."