CHAPTER 4 - MOUSEPAW'S POV

Mousepaw was an orphan; after she was found on Windclan territory, helpless. She didn't even have her eyes open! She had always wondered one thing, and one thing only.

Who were her parents? Did she have any siblings? Nobody knew. The only thing she knew was that she was found on their territory, and how she was barely a few days old.

"Mousepaw!" Called her mentor, Hollytail. Hollytail is kind of like her mother, she suckled Mousepaw when she was smaller.

Mousepaw was just finishing up a small rabbit. "Yes?" Asked Mousepaw, her mouth muffled with rabbit fur.

"Would you like to go on a hunting patrol with me, and Hareclaw?" Asked Hollytail, trotting up to Mousepaw and sitting beside her, Mousepaw's ears twitched excitedly.

"Really?!" She said, licking her lips after finishing the plump rabbit. Hollytail smiled and nodded.

"Of course Id like to!" Mousepaw remarked, getting up quickly.

"Not right now, though! Its gonna be a bit harder, we're going to hunt at night. Theres already some patrols sent out right now."

Mousepaw nodded. "I like more of a challenge."

When the sun began to set, Mousepaw began stretching and getting ready for the hunting patrol. Then her nose twitched a bit at the smell of Smokepaw.

Smokepaw ran up to Mousepaw, panting. "I heard you were going on patrol! Can I come!? Please please please!" Smokepaw begged.

Mousepaw shrugged. "Im not sure, you barely became an apprentice either way. Do you know how to hunt?"

Smokepaw stayed quiet. "Maybe when you learn how to hunt, you can come with us one day!" Purred Mousepaw, and Smokepaw's ears perched up.

Smokepaw seemed dedicated to learn how to hunt. "Okay! Ill go tell Marigoldfeather to teach me now!!"

"Woah woah, hold it there! She can't just teach you immediately, it takes time." Mousepaw mewed, and Smokepaw frowned.

"Mousepaw." Called Hareclaw, and Mousepaw turned around to see Hareclaw, Hollytail, and Lightpaw. "How come all the apprentices are going but me?.." Smokepaw said, feeling and seeming a little left out.

Hollytail couldn't help but feel sad for Smokepaw, so she sighed. "Go tell Marigoldfeather you're going on patrol with us."

"REALLY?! Thank you so much!!" Smokepaw said, the frown turning upside down. He rushed to tell Marigoldfeather.

"Smokepaw doesn't know how to hunt. Are you sure about this?" Hareclaw asked, her tail swinging from side to side. Hollytail nodded.

"He can observe and have some personal experience from when Marigoldfeather teaches him, it'll be fine."

"I didn't know Lightpaw was coming, too." Mousepaw remarked, and Lightpaw rolled his eyes. Lightpaw was always quiet, anyway.

"He got permission from Owltalon, she's still in the medicine den for her fever anyway."

"She still is? That's sad." Mousepaw muttered, but Hareclaw considered it a bit rude. "Hollytail, teach the apprentice some manners." Whispered Hareclaw.

"..Mousepaw, lets be a little nice." Hollytail said, and Mousepaw's ears perked up. "Sorry, Hollytail.."

Smokepaw came back with Marigoldfeather, he looked tired. had he just woke up from one of his afternoon naps?

"Hareclaw, Hollytail. I haven't taught Smokepaw anything but the borders and basic information, im not sure he'd be any use in the hunting patrol." Explained Marigoldfeather.