Chapter 2/10~ Shizuo

Shizuo Hewajima sat in a crowded coffee shop, his hand wrapped around a tall coffee cup.

At least ten ripped open empty sugar packets were scattered across the table.

He stared down at the coffee, grabbing the coffee creamer nearby, nearly dumping all of into the cup.

"You'll get sick with so much sugar and cream." Said a voice above him.

He looked up to see (Y/N) standing there, her hair neatly put into a braid and an anxious look on her face.

"I like sweet things." Shizuo muttered lowly, staring at her as she took her seat, sighing.

"I know. So, Shizuo, before we go and continue our date... I'd like to tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked her, his brown eyes looking slightly worried.

She was one of the first people who actually didn't run away screaming. Or yelled right back at him when he got angry. Or forgave him anyway when he accidentally hurt her.

She truly was a remarkable person. And he wasn't about to lose her.

"So... yesterday, you know my family has been having some trouble lately with bills and fines and people..... SO I asked... Izaya to hide them. Or matter of fact, erase them."

"You're talking to the flea?" He asked her, his eyebrows furrowed.

"It was only for business."

"And? What else? You've got your shifty look."

"I hate that about you." (Y/N) pouted before her eyes glanced out the window, seeing a familiar black coat with white fur edges.

Her breathing slowed, looking back at Shizuo, trying not to show any sign of panic.

If Shizuo saw Izaya, it'd be an all out war again.

"There's nothing else. Silly!" She joked, her voice raising strangely.

"Yeah right. What are you hiding."

"I said nothing." (Y/N) snapped, standing quickly, her purse now over her shoulder again.

Shizuo's glasses were shiny from the sun leaking into the room, obstructing his eyes from her sight.

"Fine." He said, standing up as well, grasping her hand and leading her out of the coffee shop, ignoring the whispers.

"Shizuo." She said to him as the door shut behind her.

Shizuo looked over at her, his hands now in his pockets before starting to fiddle with a cigarette.

(Y/N)'s face twisted into one of disgust as she plucked the cigarette from his hand, tossing it into a nearby garbage.

"You know It's bad for you. You don't want to get sick right?" Shizuo rolled his eyes, a slight smile growing on his face as he looked down at the girl walking faithfully beside him.

"Yes. Your right."

"I always am." she joked, nudging his shoulder.

"Not always." He said back, dragging her to the nearby bench.

They sat down together, looking at the scene in front of them.

A pretty statue had been placed recently in the middle of the park, attracting the attention of visitors.

The flowers had started to bloom, making the sweet aroma surround the small park.

(Y/N) smiled softly, plucking on of the nearby flowers.

She grasped his tie, pulling him close to her, tucking the small periwinkle behind his ear before laughing.

"You look excellent."

Shizuo's eyes rolled before pecking her softly on the mouth.

"You're lucky I put up with the things you do to me."