Four

"The day is here... promise Paimon you will flee the moment he tries something funny"

"Don't worry Paimon after all, he soon won't be the worst of my problems",
She gears up to leave the teapot, Paimon follows her around the Mansion as she packs with a worried look. Lumine stops at her wardrobe and takes out one of the many gifts Childe has given her as of late, a cozy white wool sweater. (He's only acting nice because he needs this favor), she repeats this as her mantra often when she finds herself thinking of the ginger.

(Besides, I'm just nervous because of the other harbingers right? It's not like I'm worried if I'll get along with all of his siblings, or that we'll have to practically live together, god what am I thinking)

"You know, apart from being part of the fatui and all, he is not the type to break a promise, right?"

"I hope you are right"

With a heavy heart, she says farewell to her traveling companion, It is easy to recognize the legendary traveler but as of late whenever someone does is usually because of the rumor that goes that she travels with a flying pixie. For this, she wishes to keep a low profile if possible. Aside from the fact that Childe is one to attract danger like a magnet, is enough to take care of herself.

"Are you sure, Paimon would like to see if the cryo slimes there taste any different"

"I'm sure... And If I recall correctly, you wouldn't even float 2 meters in dragonspine without complaining of the cold"

"Augh you are right, last time Paimon almost turns into a Paimon-popsicle".

She finds herself waiting in the city outskirts for Childe who promptly arrives shortly after, He is wearing black attire with a red scarf that matches the mask that rests on his head.

"I am delighted to see you keeping your word"

Lumine nods and walks up to him. "Sooo how are we going, boat? Sumpter beast?".

"I'll be honest, I have been everywhere and recorded dozens of species, but I have never actually seen a living, breathing horse", Lumines eyes sparkled looking at the beautiful animal pulling their carriage, she sat a few inches away from the male in the front looking at everything around them as they were about to leave the border, "I didn't know you could ride horses, you never seize to impress".

"It's not that hard, here, hold the lines"

Without asking he hands her the lines connecting to the horse's harnesses. Her hands shake (What If I am hurting the horse, or I panic and send us flying), and all her overthinking only caused her more distress. Not before long Childe had put his arm around her back and on of each her hands.
"Keep your wrists steady, and your eyes on the road".
She does as told and only glances over her head to see his face for a brief moment he smiled so fondly like he was in a peaceful dream with his gaze lost on the valley upfront.
"hmm? Is something bothering you".

"No, not at all is just... You are great teacher, I think I am not doing a bad job If i do say so myself".

After what felt like half an hour they made it to the limit, Millelith were stationed there inspecting travelers and merchants, doing routine questions, were are you headed? Why? What's on your cart? Do you have a business license?

To the soldiers the pair looked odd, a grumpy Millelith spoke taunting them. "Young couple, like to cause trouble, too engrossed with each other with little regard to the rules and regulations, don't go stirring trouble, snezhnaya is not forgiving"

"It's not like that sir-", Lumine jumps to explain.

"We will, thanks for the advice, my wife and I will stay out of trouble as much as possible, right honey?", Childe Interrupts.

"r-right... My Beloved?"

"Young lovebirds these day, go right ahead, let them pass"

"Hold it", a familiar voice calls from behind the guard post.

"Yelan?"

"come with me, traveler"

The guard's jaws drop for a moment and shift their focus to Childe ready to interrogate him.

When Yelan has taken her far enough from everyone she speaks. "What in Teyvat are you accomplishing with this"

"I know what you are thinking, but I am going of my own free will"

"care to elaborate, the 11th of the harbingers of all people has to accompany you?"

"It's going to sound crazy but I trust him, and as far as I know the Tsaritza doesn't want me dead... Yet"

"So you'll play house and make if to a place everyone wants you dead? Seems I'll have to follow your cart"

"Well, now you are acting stupid, You are probably on any Fatui watchlist, once you are in there you'll be outnumbered by a thousand"

"I wasn't planning on going in there through their gates nonchalantly, I meant infiltrate, and you'll need backup if I understand correctly that ginger is the only help you'll get in case of the worst"

"Fine, I won't argue with you, but for you information I'm gonna be out there for a few weeks"

After your conversations with the indigo-haired friend, you rejoined Childe that seems to have the guards buying his bs.

"Hey, you are back comr- ahem, Honey... I was telling the guards about the toy business"

"Haha yes, that's my Tartaglia, the best toy seller in Snezhnaya", Lumine physically cringes at these words and wonders why he would choose to go with the guard's supposition for their story. Yelan glances at her with a brow raised but she is quick to understand and goes along with it.

Soon after they let their carriage through only to find another guard post in the icy nation. This time Childe doesn't beat around the bush, with his rank he just gets you through without having the fatui guards even give her a second glance or a chance to object.
All Lumine did then was, wonder how her friend was going to make it unscathed to the majesty's palace.