Twelve

"That won't work with me, You have 3 seconds before I take the door down", Childe advised with a menacing tone rolling up his sleeves ready to do as he promised.
"Wait! Listen", Lumine runs up to him and stands between him and the door.

"Big Brother I'm sorry we tricked you... but we already took care of Uncle!", Can be heard faintly across from the door.

"Teucer? What do you mean you took care of Pulcinella?

There are a few seconds of silence that are making Childe go insane. He keeps his tone elevated which he usually never gives his siblings.

Teucer's voice, although faint, is still shaking, like a small warrior standing up to his conviction. "It's okay Big Brother, You'll just need to trust us"

"It's okay Teucer, I trust you, so open the door now"

"He cannot see you now, he seems mad at you I think"

Lumine interrupts their conversation, "Wait Teucer, he is dangerous please let us out so we can-"

"HE IS NOT, he is kind like Mr. Cyclops!"

"Teucer I didn't mean to say that but-

"No buts! I won't hear what you have to say"

Then all that could be heard was the young boy storming off, the blonde girl shared a worried look with the ginger. He looked at her and went straight to the door, with the power of his hydro vision slashed through the door and it falls with a clean cut down the middle.

Lumine squeaks in surprise and just sees Tartaglia's figure taking off running to find his reckless siblings, She gives it a good thought to whether she should go after them or stay hidden while holding onto the frame where a door used to be. When she peeks outside the room she catches sight of Anthon and Tonia with Tartaglia by the entrance.

From what she gathers from their conversation he is quite occupied already with being cautious with his fellow harbinger.
She had upset Teucer so it's her responsibility to go look for him.

Through the common room, she runs, passes through the kitchen, and exits through the kitchen door. A straight line ahead of footsteps is clear, Teucer ran outside in the direction of the forest. The snow wasn't thick so she ran fast before his traces were gone, the sky was dull, and it looked like a storm was approaching.

The trees were not too many or far between so her vision was clear other than the fact that her watery eyes were freezing. Lumines breath became difficult in the cold, especially since she was not wearing any warm clothes, not like she had any time to think of that beforehand.

"Teucer I'm sorry, please let's talk", she calls out, many times she repeats the boy's name. The more she ran through the forest the more ominous the aura became, elemental traces around her not discernable from regular elemental life forms or abysmal creatures.
The harder it became to see his traces in the snow the more uneasy she felt.

After calling for what it felt to her like the 100th time, "What do you want?", a broken voice was heard, "Teucer!"

To her right, there he was in a poorly crafted set of swings that were hanging from a tall tree, to which there were two, does he come here often? He must know of this place already, that put her mind at ease a little. She walked closer hugging herself from the cold wind hitting her skin.

His head lowered lost in thought with a frown on his forehead.
Lumine stood there looking away to avoid her gaze upsetting him any further.

"Why can't I help too?", he finally breaks the awkward silence, "Big brother has always said I will be a great warrior and be able to protect our family but that was all a lie"

"Tartaglia is not wrong about that, your determination will take you to great lengths, some you have never considered"

"I'm too weak", he sulks kicking the snow under him with his boots.

Lumine was about to quickly deny his self-deprecation, but Teucer continues, "That's the truth, if it wasn't for me you would not be here, and you will probably be closer to reuniting with your brother"

"Who told you that?"

"Big Brother told me, I was being a bother asking when you will come and he said you were traveling to look for your brother and that you might take some time"

"That's true,  my brother...  I miss him every day when I close my eyes I get reminded of the days when we would go from world to world and just experience the universe with each other, he is very important to me, we are family after all"

"I'm sorry I made you make that promise"

"Don't be, and you didn't know. If I am being honest I think you are important to me like you were my family"

"Really?", His eyes spark up a bit, "can we be family too?"

"Yes! You'll be my little brother too, and no family of mine can ever be weak, so look at me and promise you'll always be the sweet and nice Teucer I know"

"I cannot promise you that big sis"

"What? Why not?"

"Because soon I'll grow up and be a brave and strong warrior just like my big brother"

"You know, warriors are also kind and warm, your brother is one good example of an amazing person"

"Is that why you like him? Because he is nice?"

"I guess so..."
She replies without thinking too much.
Lumine just stares into space, and so does Teucer. Children have a short attention span or it might just be a Teucer thing.

"Big sis, tell me how did you become so strong?"

Oh that's a toughie.

"Let's see", she could answer honestly but within the limits of a child, "I eat my vegetables, and sleep 8 hours per night!"

"Liar!"