C1

Author's Note: This is an old story that was written in 2013, I would like readers to interact with each other and the story so I can do an analysis of what my reading community enjoys out of the stories. Please leave a comment that would help any future stories. Thank you in advance. - B

                                                                            THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL

The Gods have spoken, and they have said "let the school bell ring."

I didn't have to go to my locker; I didn't have to rush to say goodbye to my friends, let me auto-correct myself, what friends?

Maybe if I had friends I would have been at the mall or at a party, but I had to be home.

  I had my summer reading list in my hand and the book I was currently on, and I was following the flow of everyone else. I could see the sun and the birds flying around and I could taste sweet freedom as I near my mother's car.

I jumped in, placing my book neatly on my lap, and buckled my seat belt.

"How was the last day of school!" My mom's voice was going up many octaves, leaving me cheesing, thinking of an answer.

"Good enough to make me want to get home and do some one-on-one time with Lauren Oliver." I looked over at her, and I could see her brows scrunch up in the front trying to focus on the road and remember who that author is.

"You know with love being a disease. I've been wanting to read it for a long time."

"Well, you have all summer to read your whole list. As long as you have some fun too."

She must have been making a joke.

And my silly self actually believed that there was a chance of me having fun cuddled up in a comfy chair reading until my eyes feel heavy and the book fall from my fingertips.

Well dream again, my destiny was stitched in the stars and there was no running away from it.