002

I was basically zoned out for the whole speech.

"Let the feast begin!" Dumbledores voice echoes through the great hall. He claps his hands and food appears at the table, lots of food. We also get a piece of parchment paper with out schedule and dorm room number.

I grab some food and start eating. "Careful there Lia, wouldn't wanna get fat." Amaryllis Parkinson says and then giggles with her friend group as they look at me. I drop my food and get up to leave. I walk out of the Great Hall and make my way towards the Astronomy Tower. I climb the 72 steps of the spiral staircase and reach the top.

I sit by the railing and dangle my feet over the edge. I hear footsteps coming up the steps and I turn to see who it is.  Regulus walks over and sits next to me and dangles his feet over the edge too.

"Don't listen to them." He says quietly. "I know. I'm just tired of them." I say quietly, my voice cracks and tears sting my eyes as my face heatens up.

My vision blurs as a tear falls down my cheek. Regulus grabs my hand and interlocks out fingers.

Me and regulus have always been close. I would always go to his house when James went to see the group. We would sit in his room and talk for hours about anything we could think of.

His family life is kind of hard and he feels like he has to live up to the impossible standards his parents have set for him. They yell at him and tell him he's a disappointment to the family and it was a mistake that he was ever born.

"Don't cry. That's what they want, don't give them the satisfaction." He says and grabs my jawline and turns my head so my eyes meet his. He wipes the tears away with his thumb and we smile at eachother. I ignore the knot in my stomach as his eyes wander over my face.

"Thanks Reggie." I say. "Anytime." He says. We both stand up and embrace eachother into a long hug and then start walking to the common room.

"Pure blood"

The door opens and the familiar darkness of the common room makes me feel at home.

Reggie follows me to the couches and we pull out our parchment with our schedule and dorm room number.

"We have almost all of our classes together." He says. "And our room are next to eachother." He says. We smile at eachother and start walking to our dormitories.

"I'll see you in the morning." He says. "Yes you will." I say and we both enter our dorms. My luggage is sitting in the corner in a pile, I pull out my wand and use my magic to set everything up.

After I'm satisfied, I sigh and throw myself onto my dark green blankets.

God I've missed this.

I fall asleep in my clothes, too tired to change into pajamas.