Chapter 5: Unexpected fate.

Nkosinathi's POV

"You've grown now." says Mpendulo and i chuckle. "Is it because I'm getting married?" I ask in an amused tone. "Yeah it's because you getting married. Phela now you stepping into a new world and it requires growth from a person. You can never prepare for marriage cause it's new and you don't know what to expect. So like yeah you have grown now." "Such nice words from you." He rolls his eyes.

"You see you like taking my kindness for granted and one day i will get back at you and it won't be nice." he says and i chuckle. Andiswa comes and plops herself on my lap. "Andiswa this space is reserved for one person and it's definitely not you." I say and she laughs. "I know but I'm warning up the seat for her so she doesn't find it cold." she says. "Hlika kimi wena." She gets off me and sits on Mpendulo's lap. (Get off me.)

"So what time are we leaving?" she asks. "We supposed to leave at 8 so we can get there around midnight." I answer. "How many hours drive is it?" "4 hours." "Not bad then but as long as we buy snacks then we good." "Don't worry they shall be supplied." She grins happily and walks away. "Where did you find your sister?" "I think that question is for the parents."

My uncles come in the room and sit on the couch. "Ninjani?" asks babomncane Thabo. (How are you guys?) "Siyaphila nina." answers Mpendulo. (We are good and you.) "Nathi siyaphila. Seniqcedile ukupakisha." (We are good too. Are you done packing?) "Yebo babomncane." "Just a little bit of marriage advice from us. Marriage is not easy and it shall never be easy. Things have changed and it's not like back in the day where the women had to be stay at home wives and all that but now women are working. I don't want you to force your wife to sit down and do nothing. Respect her the same way she respects you. When women get angry they have a tendency to talk a lot just let them talk and don't lose your temper no matter how angry they make you. Love her and always make sure she is your priority."

"Thank you for the advice." I say. "But then please make sure you don't starve mfana wami. You can't be suffering from starvation in your marriage." says Malume Thulani and we laugh. (my boy.) "Speaking from experience." says Mpendulo and we chuckle. "Hai wena. I'm just saying the only time you can get to starve is after the birth of your kids that's it." We laugh.

"Are you sure you want to pay lobola to her cause once everything is done there is no going back?" asks Mpendulo. "I'm positive. I really want to spend the rest of my life with her and i love her." I answer. "I'm glad you whipped cause it means no one is bringing back any cows ekhaya." I chuckle. (at home.) "Nah we won't."

"Let's go out and have a bit of drinks first before we go to pay lobola. Kind of like a bye single Nkosinathi era." says Mpendulo and i chuckle. "Okay asambe." (Lets go.)  "Make sure you don't come back drunk we don't want to be embarrassed by you guys when we get there." says babomncane Thabo.  "Don't worry its just one or two drinks then we will be back plus we already had the bachelor party so we good." "No problem."

I take the keys off the key rack and we head out. We get inside the car and Mpendulo drives us to his destination. I still can't believe that after this weekend people will consider me a married man. I'm happy yet at the same time I'm nervous cause what if things don't work out a couple of years down the line. I don't want to be part of the divorce statistics cause they really high.

"What you thinking bout?" he asks. "Nothing much." I answer. "I'm glad you met her," I probe him to continue. "I can see she makes you happy and that's all that matters. I hope things work out between you two cause you really deserve all the happiness coming your way." "Such sweet words coming from you." He rolls his eyes and we chuckle.