8. Presents, Keys and Secrets

JJ. 

I saw Viola in the lobby of out hotel she was talking to some cute guy at the reccpetion, I made sure to wait until she was done talking to before I ran up from behind her and jumped on her back. She stumbled forwards surpirsed letting out a yelp before putting her arms under my legs to hold me up. "Jesus Jaige you scared the hell out of me!" she snapped as we walked towards the lift. 

I grinned proudly, "it's one of my many talents."

Vi snorted, "so what did you buy?" she asked gesturing to the shopping bags in my hands. 

"Well while you were out getting numbers thrown at you, I mean that concierge practically thrust it into your face, so don't deny it. I was out doing some L.A shopping. I even got you a present." I said as Viola pressed the button for the sixth floor. 

"A present what did you get me?" she asked turning her head back as far possible so that she could sort of look me in the eyes. 

I laughed, "wow I'm not getting an 'oh JJ you shouldn't have, or I can't accept that'?" I teased. 

Viola winked at me, "first of all we're way past that, second of all your loaded JJ you're not wasting any money buying me a present. Besides look at you, you'd just be offended I even said that." 

I put my arms around her shoulder tighter so that my bags were rustling under her chin. "This is why I'm glad I met you." 

Viola let me down in front of our door, she pulled out the key and opened it leading me inside. "If I hadn't met you when I did none of this would even have happened." she said as we lay down on our bed. 

I put my head next to hers, "I was out of control back then Vi, if we hadn't met, I would probably would have been kicked off the team and I would still be running around with Igor and his stupid little gang."

Viola nodded, "I remeber when I first met you I was appalled." 

I laughed, "rightly so, I was a stupid thirteen year-old brat back then, I acted like I was eighteen. I mean I used to get drunk and smoke weed, I cringe about myself just thinking about it, I was such a loser. Lets not talk about back then though, lets have a look at what I got you!" 

I leaned forwards and pulled the shopping bags I had left on the floor onto the bed, "I had the idea after they pulled that stupid whipped cream  prank. Anyways I went to see a seamstress afterwards and I had something made for us."

Vi's eyes widened as I pulled out a leatord with diffrent shades of purple and Rhine stones. Her eyes widened and she threw her arms around me, "oh my gosh Jaige it's beautiful!" she threw her arms around me. I grinned proudly and pushed her off, "stop Vi you'll wrinkle it, now you try yours on and I'll try mine on!"

I pulled my top off and grabbed my new leotard before I started getting undressed and changed, I missed my blue leotard a lot, it had won my first medal in it but this gold one was cool too. It had been similar to my sister's, before she had run away, I had always been jealous of it and when I had seen the sequined golden material it had reminded me of Jess. 

I hadn't seen her in years, she had run away when she was around my age without so much as a goodbye, at first I had hated her for it. Really though it was all just a mask because I missed her so much, Jess had been my idol as a kid. She would be around twenty now, Jess leaving me alone was the whole reason I even fell in with Igor in the first place. 

I spun around once I had put it on and Viola shot me a sympathetic smile, "you look just like her." she said. Viola was the only person besides Ida and my parents, she had seen the pictures and heard the story.