17. Start the search.

JJ. 

I'd lain awake all night thinking about Mendoza's offer. At first I'd been sure I never wanted to see Jess again, but now I wasn't so sure that was the case anymore. I missed her more than words could describe and maybe if I found her then I could finally stop wondering why she'd abandoned me. 

I got up and walked out of the hotel room and down the hall to the room where the ducks were staying, I knocked on the door and Mendoza opened it tiredly, "what the hell do you want?" 

"If you're still offering to help me find my sister, I'll take you up on it." I told him earnestly. 

He frowned, "okay? And you needd to tell me this now? it's three in the morning Jerome."

I shrugged sheepishly, "sorry. I just, I couldn't sleep." 

"Well then count sheep or some bullshit, I don't fucking care." He replied shaking his head before he slammed it in my face.

I laughed to myself before walking down the hall to my room, I stopped when I realised I'd left the key inside. I could either wake up Vi who was finally getting a good nights sleep for the first time in two days or I could go down to the rink and practice since I wasn't really tired anyways. 

Luckily I'd thought to put slippers on before I left so I wasn't completely barefoot as I walked down the road. I had 'borrowed' Ida's set of keys, she had bullied one out of the manger so we could get in early morning and late night practice. 

I opened the lock on the front door before walking in a locking it behind me, I walked down to the locker room in the complete darkness for fear of attracting any attention from security guards (if there were any). When I finally reached the locker room I turned on the lights so I could get changed. 

I pulled on my leggings and heat-tech tank and and slim fit sports jacket before picking up my skates bag and walking down into the stands. I tied my hair back and pulled on my skates and leg warmers before getting on the ice. I warmed up quickly before I started getting ready to practice my quadruple axel. It was a stretch that I would get it, I'd been working on it for ages now and it always went wrong but I wasn't about to give up. As long as I got it before the olympics I didn't care. 

Luis. 

After Jerome and her little declaration had woken me up I couldn't get back to sleep so I'd decided to go to the rink and get some skating in. Might as well, I didn't have anything better to do. Bombosa had finally gotten the manager to give him a spare set of keys and I had taken them from him the other day. 

When I finally got there I could see that JJ had beat me to it, she had switched on the floodlights I sat down in the stands to watch her, she geared up towards whatever jump she was about to so. I watched as JJ threw herself into it three and a half spinse before she hit the ice and crashed onto the floor. I winced as she shoved back up to her feet and started again. I forgot how persistant she was. 

JJ must have fallen about fifty times while I was watching her but she forced herself back to her feet every single time. I watched as she let out a yell of frustration slamming her hand onto the wall of the rink, a string word of curses that would have made a porn star blush ringing though the ice. 

I got up laughing as I walked down to meet her, "wow, that was quite a show." 

She scowled, "oh good, it's you. What do you want?" 

"Well I wanted to skate but then I saw this and figured it might be more entertaining." I teased her. 

JJ made a face at me, "I'd like to see you try this."