9. Press Conference

Luis.

We were sitting in our hotel room when Coach Bombay called us down, "I just got a call from the Iceland team's coach, apparently someone broke into their hotel room and stole one of their diaries. You guys wouldn't have anything to do with that would you?" He asked us crossing his arms.

Gober snorted, "I'm sorry, they keep diaries? Jesus, how old are they?"

I almost laughed before remebering that Bakns kept a diary, as annoying as he could be I didn't want him to feel bad, Bombay rolled his eyes, "notebook then, what ever. Did one of you take it or not? Because they think you did."

I rolled my eyes, "they probably lost the stupid and are just trying to take it out on us, besides how would we even have gotten into their hotel room? We don't even know their room number."

He nodded, "fair point, we've got the ice in an hour and a half and a press conference in fourty minutes so be ready in half of that, do not be late ok?"

Charlie, Banks and I shared a knowing look, Bombay had become so media obsessed lately it was ridiculous. "Maybe this time he'll even give them a little twirl." I muttered to them.

They bit back laughter, "guys come on." Charlie said looking serious for a moment before his somber expression broke into a smirk, "he'll do a fucking triple axel for them if ask."

We had to turn away from eacother to stop from laughing, "is there something you want to share with the group?" Bombay snapped at us breaking off his 'pep talk'.

"We were just saying that we hope the Media doesn't ask you to do anything embarrassing." Banks replied, Charlie and I looked at each other surprised, he hadn't really striken us as the type to stand up to people like Bombay.

"And why's that Adam?" Bombay asked narrowing his eyes.

"Because it would be bad for the team if it got around that all the reporters have to do is stroke our coach's ego a little to have him eating out of their freaking hands. It's pathetic." Adam replied.

"Yeah, it is." Charlie snapped at Bombay, for him it was personal, I gathered that the Coach was like a replacement Dad for Charlie. everyone had gone silent watching with that we grabbed our bags and left.

"That was awsome Banks." I told him clapping him on the back once we were out of earshot.

He laughed ruefully, "yeah remind me never to do that again, my Dad will kill me if I kicked off for smart mouthing the coach.

Charlie scoffed, "it's not smart mouthing if he deserved it. Let's go get some smoothies at the restaurant before the conference or something."

I nodded, "yeah sure, lets get some food too, I'm starving."

"Same." Banks muttered as we started to walked over to the stairs that led up to the cafe/restaurant thing.

Twenty minutes later we were half way through or burgers and our smoothies. "So is it true that the coach used to bang your mom?" I asked sipping on my drink, Charlie choked on his juice and Banks wacked me over the back with a menu as hard as he could.

"Didn't yiur mother teach you to think before you speak you dumbasss!" Banks snapped at me.

I shot him an outraged look, "what fuck Banks? Do you have any idea how much that hurt, I probably have a minor concussion now or something!"

He rolled his eyes, "don't be dramatic, besides if you had a filter on what yous aid I wouldn't have had to do that."

"I was just asking an honest question!" I defended.