Chapter 3: Introductions

Its been 30 long minutes, and I'm seriously debating breaking a window when I hear the sound of tires rolling into the driveway. I look up to see an expensive looking Mercedes pull in. A man steps out, rushing through the pouring rain to get to me. His tie swings in the wind and little droplets are starting to cover his dark navy suit as he crosses the long driveway.

"Oh, Serafina," He says, wrapping a big arm around me. I'm to cold to even flinch, so I instead stiffen my body like a board, hoping to put as much space between his arm and myself as possible.

"Lets get you inside," He says, his arm still very much prominent on my back. I nod, and turn around to get my bags, but the man steers me away and leads me inside. "Don't worry honey, I'll take care of them." 

I am led into the house, barely having any time to take note of it's beauty as the man rushes me up the stairs. I am led down a long hallway and into a room. A large room, might I add.

"This is your room, Serafina."

I gaze around for a bit in disbelief. All this was mine? What did I do to deserve this? The room was plain for now, with white fluffy carpeting and light grey walls on three sides, except for the fourth, which was a giant window overlooking a large yard. At my old house my room was small and cramped, with barely enough room to look around.

I think the man takes my wide eyed look for disgust, because his voice quickly steps in. "If you don't like it I understand, it's very plain, but I didn't know what colors you liked. However, we can focus on that later. We need to get you cleaned up." He says, taking note of my chattering teeth and wet hair plastered around my face. 

The man leaves for a short period of time, leaving me all alone in my new room. When he returns, he is holding a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Here, wear these." He says. "Your bag is soaked through and you must be freezing. These are Colton's, he's the smallest."

"T-thank you.." I say, realizing I don't know the mans name.

"Elijah." He replies, as if reading my mind.

"T-thank y-you Elijah." I clutch the clothes tightly to my chest.

"Your welcome honey. Once you've finished meet me in the kitchen for dinner." He gives me an almost sad looking smile before leaving my room, shutting the door behind him. 

I decide to change into the clothes, looking at myself in my new mirror. The light grey sweatpants have been rolled three times at my waist, but still manage to bunch around my ankles. Jeez, I know I'm not the tallest girl in the world at 5'3, but these clothes were humongous. I'm assuming Colton was one of my brothers, and if he's the smallest... I gulp at thinking what the others must look like. Trevor wasn't even 6 ft, yet he still managed to pack a punch. Elijah was way over that mark, and from the looks of it, so were the rest of my brothers. I can't even imagine the punishments I'll face. I grimace at the thought before sliding the hoodie on over my sports bra. It's black with some kind of logo on it and faintly smells like expensive men's cologne. I inhale deeply before deciding to run through my knotted hair with a comb. I quickly throw it in a braid, trying to look presentable despite everything that has happened in the last 24 hours. Now I need to find Elijah, who's probably expecting me for dinner.

I slide into my fluffy pink unicorn slippers, one of the few possessions I have taken with me from my old life. They pad across the hallways as I desperately try and search for the kitchen. How do you even find anything in a house this big? 

I'm walking up a flight of stairs, hopelessly trying to find the kitchen, when I feel a grasp around my hand. I flinch, and instinctively wrap my other arm around myself. Looking back, I turn to see who I assume is another one of my brothers. He towers over me, his hand still on my arm, although he quickly removes it when he sees my reaction. I think I see a flicker of an unbeknownst emotion across his face, but it quickly changes back to its stoic expression.