Chapter 2 - Nasty

𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆

𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆. 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔.

Reese's Perspective

I met Antoine Griezmann years ago, in sixth grade, and the first day of sixth grade, the hell started, and it hasn't stopped since.

He has bullied me, and by now, I've decided, I'm too fed up with him to just keep on putting up with his crap. So I've pledged that this year, I'm not going to let him, whatever it takes.

On the first day of sixth grade, that was probably the day I ran into the worst luck ever. And his name is Antoine Griezmann. I quite literally ran into him, and that was the start of everything. I've often wondered if I had just had my head up that day, despite the fear of being in a new middle school, if I would have saved myself a lot of trouble later on. I would have avoided running into him. Either way, though, I guess that doesn't matter. Because it happened, anyway.

I ran into him, and he looked at me, eyebrows raised in judgment, saying obnoxiously, "What's your name? I've never seen you before. You some private school kid or something?"

I was also stupid and honest in grade six, so instead of lying, I just nervously nodded. Another mistake. Another bad mistake.

"You are?" he laughed. "What's your name, shorty? I'd like your Snapchat."

I remember at that point, I got excited, thinking he was interested in being my friend, or potentially, something even more than a friend. Oh, how wrong I was. So many mistakes. I said, softly, "I'm Reese... You really want my Snapchat?" I was a shy, angry girl back then. Now I'm a loud, brave, angry girl.

"Of course I do," he said with a stupid, mischievous smirk. I didn't understand what was coming at that moment, so I just gave it to him, and he put on a fake, sweet smile, all coated up with sugar, to cover up the bitterness underneath.

So sugary bitter.

He started out texting so nice to me, but gradually started sending the nastiest texts. Before he got nasty, for those couple weeks, I opened up to him about a few deep things at the time, including the boy I liked, because I was stupid. Nobody had ever shown interest to me before, and I thought he cared, and I thought he was so nice, so I told him, because I was a fragile, frail, brain-dead girl.

When I threatened to block him because of the nasty behavior, he threatened to tell everyone, including the boy I thought was cute, that I liked him. I didn't block him, and he kept sending rude texts, that included nasty insults, calling me ugly and worthless, and putting down my personality, looks, opinions, and reputation. Finally, I stopped viewing his messages. It got to the point where I didn't even go on Snapchat anymore, unable to see and experience those nasty comments. I turned of the notifications. I didn't even want to know when he had something else nasty to say.