Chapter 3 - Ten Reasons

𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑶𝒉, 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘.

Reese's Perspective

Antoine Griezmann has a bunch of friends. He's handsome, athletic, and popular. And an a**. But I guess handsome, athletic, and popular always out rules being a horrible person, when it comes to whether people like you or not.

One of his friends is a really nice guy, and I actually began to develop a crush for him in grade nine. His name is Mylam Monet. He has very, very long dirty blond hair that he keeps in a ponytail, a charmingly unsymmetrical face, and a friendly smile. Not a lot of people would like him, but I did. When the boys would bully me, he'd always leave, or stay out of it. I fell for him the one time, when Antoine was coming at me to bother me again, he grabbed Antoine's sleeve, saying, "Aw, come on, Antoine. Leave her alone for once, will you?" For just that one day, he saved me of a good amount of misery.

Half way through grade nine, in about February or March, he met me outside of school one night and bluntly, simply, asked me if I wanted to go out with him.

Of course I said yes.

We talked, on that date, about Antoine. He was sorry for me. Apparently, he had tried to talk the meanness out of Antoine, but he just called him a simp and moved on with life, not willing to listen to what Mylam had to say.

Well, Mylam is probably the sweetest boy you'll ever meet, despite not being the star, or the most funny, or not even the most handsome, either. But he has a heart of gold. He really does.

We kept our dating very quiet for the rest of that year, and things actually started to get better with me and Antoine, because of Mylam's subtle influence. He left me alone more. I felt the feeling of freedom from extreme degrading at least once a week for the first time in a very, very long while. Years.

Well, that summer things with Mylam were great. We really did like each other, if not love. Antoine left me alone more and more, and I was excited. It looked like my miserable, lonely life was finally correcting itself.

Well, at the beginning of grade ten, Mylam accidentally slipped, telling one of Antoine's friends about our relationship. He told Antoine. Everything went bad.

Antoine wanted, once again, to just make my life horrible, for no good reason, other than, apparently, it's fun to him. He's twisted.

Mylam was the kindest, but he was also the most coward I have ever met. When he realised Antoine was beginning to bully him to make me miserable, along with me once again, Mylam had a choice- either stay loyal to me and be bullied, or break up and stay a popular friend of Antoine's.

I hate the choice he made, but I understand why he made it. It was selfish, but I understand, completely. I can't say I would not have done the same exact thing.

Mylam never exactly said why he broke up with me in the middle of tenth grade, when the cyber-bullying, physical and physiological bullying, got so bad. He just said he thought it would be best if we broke it off, and never spoke to me again. I'd catch him gazing at me longingly every so often, but I never returned the gaze. I was too torn apart.

Like I said, he's kind. But he's also a coward.

Mylam is a huge coward.

But now, it's been a while, and I give Mylam the benefit of the doubt. He was doing the best he could at the time. I understand completely.

I blame it on Antoine. All on Antoine. Because ever since that first day of grade six, he has made it his business to make me miserable.

After Mylam broke up with me, I got a job. Shortly after, Antoine got a job at the same coffee shop. He tormented me during work. I never had a break from his jabs, manipulations, and insults. It was exhausting, and it dragged me down.  It also dragged my grades and performance down with it, which gave Antoine all the more oil to burn me with.

I quit my job, because it got to be too much.

Grade eleven, nothing really new happened. All the misery and bullying stayed at status quo. So this year, I'm finally going to stand my ground, stop being a coward myself, and give that boy some of what he deserves.

And I don't care if I get in trouble in the process of it. Because any bad thing is worth giving Antoine what he deserves for everything he has put me through.

The night before the first day of school, I made a list on QuickMemo, just to encourage myself to not back down to Antoine. Here it is:

𝖱𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝗒 𝖠𝗇𝗍𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖦𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗓𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗇 𝗂𝗌 𝖺𝗐𝖿𝗎𝗅

1. 𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿-𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒

2. 𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗒 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗆𝖾

3. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗅𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗌

4. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝗉𝗁𝗒𝗌𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗆𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾

5. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽, 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗎𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 & 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗌

6. 𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽

7. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌𝗇𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒

8. 𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗎𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌

9. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗈 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁, 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗎𝗉 𝖺 𝗃𝗈𝖻

10. 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅𝗅, 𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗎𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝗒 𝗐𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾

Ten reasons is way too many. So it's time for me to give him ten reasons why I ruined his life, now. And I'm being serious.

I won't be backing down in front of him. I won't be cowering.

Not anymore.

~ Author's Note ~

Sorry to those that really want Antoine to be a kind, charismatic, perfect guy in fanfictions. And I agree, that can be very nice reading. If you want a little bit more than that, then I suggest my fanfiction 'deep blue eyes // Antoine Griezmann'. Or one that is even more like this is my fanfiction 'rays of sunlight // Antoine Griezmann'. Check out if you don't like the fact that Antoine is so nasty in this one, at least to start with, because you might like those better.

I just figured that if I was going to be writing enemies to lovers, then I better be sure to make sure it really is enemies to lovers.

So if you're not into that kind of thing, put this one down, and go check out some of my other fanfictions! You might like them a little better.

And to all my enemies to lovers enthusiasts, be ready for the next chapter on this book when it comes out!