Chapter 38 - Beach

~ Author's Note ~

~ Author's Note ~

Okay I'm just gonna say it guys why is he so freaking extremely hot in that GIF right there in the pool with a suit on??? 🥵🥵🥵

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

Reese's Perspective

On Wednesday afternoon, I go for a walk. Not really for any reason but that after the last few days, my mind has been in so many places, and my heart has experienced so many different emotions. I just have to go for a walk and clear my head, is the most likely reason why I'm doing this.

I don't plan where I walk. I just let my feet lead me to wherever I may go. I walk all around our neighborhood, then go beyond. I'm just lost in my thoughts. All my crazy thoughts. I don't even realise it when my feet start walking on softer ground. Sand. I don't realise it when there's gently crashing waves to my right.

But there is, and it's nice. I look at the water, and on the horizon is the beautiful sun setting in oranges, pinks, blues, purples, and yellows. I stop for a second to gaze upon the beauty of it, but then turn and continue on.

It's a beautiful day, really. The temperature is perfect. Just right.

But as I walk along more, the metal junk and littered garbage on the beach gets thicker and thicker, higher and higher. Smellier, too. I sigh, walking faster. It's such a shame that such a beautiful beach as this one has to be ruined like this by humans not caring one bit about our world and the environment.

Suddenly, I stop in surprise when I see a figure standing on the top of one of the piles of garbage. The sun is behind him, turning into a shadow. From here, I can only see a strong young man with messy hair. He could be around my age, I suppose. Maybe a little older or younger.

I feel like calling up to him, to ask him what he's doing up there, but before I can, he turns around, and all the muscles in my body tense up.

Against the sun, those eyes shine. In a shadow, I can still see them.

Bright blue. Sad, but strong. Beautiful. Those absolutely enchanting eyes. Even more beautiful than the water behind him, being reflected by the beautiful sky.

My breath catches in my throat as I stare at him.

He has got to be the most handsome, hottest guy on the face of the whole Earth.

I'm convinced.

Why haven't I ever realised it before? Why only now do I see how good-looking he is.

He's so perfect I feel weak in the knees.

"Reese?" he asks, and his voice confirms my assumption. It is Antoine Griezmann.

"H- Hi, Antoine," I get out. "What are you doing up there?"

He turns around completely to look at me, and I nearly absolutely stumble back. There are butterflies in my brain. My hands shake. Why do I like this boy so much all the sudden? When did this boy get so extremely hot?! He is absolutely covered in sweat, which is glinting against the orange setting sun on his...

On his bare chest.

My heart must be beating one million beats per minute.

He's so hot.

He

Oh my God.

Antoine Griezmann.

He runs a hand through his messed up hair, and I hate him for that. Does he know how hot he is? He must. He must be trying to charm me. He must. Nobody is just naturally that beautiful. Pleasing to look at.

No one gives me this much of a reaction, this much of an emotion, without trying...

...Right...? 

He starts hopping down the mound of garbage easily, with so much agility, towards me. As he moves, the muscles under his skin also move, and it is hard not to stare right at them.

Finally, he's standing in front of me, and despite being covering in sweat, he still smells like cologne. I subconsciously run my hand through my hair and fix my shirt on my body. I hope my makeup looks okay.

He stretches, which makes me want to die.

"Why are you here, Reese?" he finally asks.

"I was just going for a walk, and this is a nice beach, before you get to this mound of trash here," I gesture, and then force myself to meet his beautiful eyes again. "I was just about to ask you the same thing, though. Why are you here, and what are you doing?"

"Cleaning up this damn beach," he explains. "So that people like you can enjoy it. Because I missed the soup kitchen on Saturday because I was sick, I'm making up for it this afternoon by cleaning some of this s*** up here."

"Oh..." I nod, shifting, now feeling awkward.

Every bit of me wants to tell him right now how handsome and amazing and hot he looks.

He's like kind of sexy.

Whoa, that was an intrusive thought...

Finally I blurt like a stupid person, "Where'd your shirt go?"

He glances around, before pointing to a lone t-shirt laying on the sand. "I was sweating balls out here."

"No kidding... You look sweaty."

"M-hm. But I guess it is a beautiful day for a nice stroll, huh? Just a little too warm for cleaning up the beach."

"You could take a dip in the water," I suggest, seeing he is wearing gym shorts that go to a little bit above his knees.

"Oh, no way. The water here is not safe at all. And it is because of all this trash, too."

"Oh... okay..." I say, feeling even more stupid than I did before. Finally I say, "Well, how much longer do you have to be here doing this...?"

Suddenly, a charming smile appears on his face, which lights up my heart on fire. "I just finished. I was just standing up there cooling off and looking at the view. I guess I'm not too cooled off though..." His smile turns into a softer one as he runs his hand over his sweaty chest.

Oh, no, God, Antoine, please don't do that.

"Oh... That's good," I blurt, and then say without thinking, "Well, maybe we could go on a walk together then."

I think I want to slap myself.