Part 12: Bestfriend?

Freen's P.O.V

My heart was slamming inside my chest as I walked through the main door. I totally forgot that I left my handgun in Rebecca's room. I just grabbed my MSP Groza silent pistol hidden behind my back and continued walking.

I ordered Kirk to do everything just to get the electricity back. I cursed silently when someone put his hand on my mouth and dragged me. I immediately pulled his arm and elbowed him in the stomach.

He cursed under his breath in pain. I pointed the gun directly at his forehead and pulled the trigger.

I could only see shadows, and I was sure they were here. They were like predators, silently waiting for their prey to come out. I just hoped Rebecca followed what I told her earlier.

I hid behind the wall when I saw someone walking in my direction. I never felt scared for my life, but I was so scared to lose Rebecca. It was my job to protect her, and it was the only reason I was here in the first place.

I swiftly punched his face, causing him to fall to the floor. I grabbed that opportunity to point the pistol and shoot him right away.

I was startled when I heard the vase shatter into pieces near Rebecca's room. My eyes widened, and I could feel my heart pounding rapidly inside my chest. Fuck.

I instantly ran towards her room and grabbed the man's neck. I couldn't see his face because of the darkness. He was preparing to kick the door when I heard a loud bang that echoed across the entire house.

"Oh...God." I heard Rebecca's voice as I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder.

The man slowly lifted his gun and aimed it straight at Rebecca's forehead. Fortunately, I was able to kick his leg with all my strength and shoot him right away.

He lay on the floor lifelessly.

"F-freen. Holy shit." I smiled weakly. I touched my shoulder, and I could feel the blood coming out of my body. It was slowly draining me. What a nice shot, Rebecca.

I wanted to praise her but my body was too weak to do so. Damn it!

Rebecca ran towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"F-freen, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to--"

I chucked. "I-its...It-s fine." I paused. I was so sleepy. 

"Can I sleep?" My eyes were tired, and so was my body. I wanted to rest.

"N-no. No. Please. Stay with me." Her hands were shaking, which made me think that somehow, she actually cares for me.

"You're overreacting. I just wanted to sleep."

Her voice trembled, "No, Freen! You stay awake or I will fucking kill you."

I forced myself to smile.

Before I completely closed my eyes, I saw a tear escaping from her eyes.

I wanted to wipe her tears but my arms felt really weak and numb.

Becky's P.O.V

Oh, God. Oh, God. I panicked when I saw Freen slowly lying on the floor. Fuck, I shot her.

My knees were trembling, and my heart was beating so fast. I was on the verge of crying, but I was able to control myself.

Guilt was slowly eating me as I realized that I had just stolen her handgun and accidentally shot her.

Damn, what was I thinking?

I wrapped my arms around her and looked at her with so much guilt and fear.

"F-freen, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to--"

She immediately cut me off and chuckled, "I-its...It-s fine."

No, Freen. It will never be fine. What I did was absolutely stupid. God.

Her eyes were tired, and I could see a lot of blood coming out of her shoulder.

"Can I sleep?

"N-no. No. Please. Stay with me." I wasn't even thinking when I said that, but I felt that it was the right thing to say. I don't want to lose her. She saved me a lot of times, and this time, it's my turn to return the favor.

"You're overreacting. I just wanted to sleep." She's really stubborn. If she was just okay, I would definitely punch her.

"No, Freen! You stay awake or I will fucking kill you." Shit, I wanted to cry. My eyes were begging me to release those tears I had kept from earlier.

She closed her eyes, but I managed to pull her up slowly.

I put her left arm around my neck, and we walked slowly to the garage.

"Rebecca, put me down. I wanted to sleep." I secretly rolled my eyes. God, she was dying, yet she still managed to put her pride first.

"Open your damn eyes and don't sleep." I assisted her into the passenger seat and immediately put her seatbelt on.

"I'll be okay."

"Shut up." I started the engine and drove to the nearest hospital. I needed to calm myself. I inhaled deeply and looked at her. She was so pale and restless.

"This is just a shot in the shoulder. Nothing serious." She spoke weakly. I ignored her and continued driving.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the hospital. They immediately assisted us when they found out that it was Freen.

They immediately brought Freen inside the operating room. I waited patiently outside. I walked back and forth thinking about her. I hope she will be okay.

Hey, Rebecca, right?" I lifted my gaze when a manly voice called my name.

"U-uh, yeah? Do I know you?"

"My name is Kirk." She offered his hand, but I just looked at him, confused.

"I am Freen's best friend." He smiled and fixed his hair.

Best friend, huh?