Part 22: Call

Freen's P.O.V

I woke up because of the numbness in my arm. I saw Rebecca sleeping peacefully beside me. Her head was on my arm, and she was hugging me tight.

I smiled and lightly kissed her forehead. I stared at her, and I realized this was not permanent.

I knew this was just temporary. I knew I had to leave her one day. She has a fiancé, and as much as I hate to admit this, I knew Nop would be the one marrying her.

My heart ached because of that thought. I carefully removed my arm, which made Rebecca twitch a little. I stood up quietly and went outside. I was thinking of getting some fresh air on the beach.

While I was walking, my phone suddenly rang. I looked at it, and it was from an unknown number. I answered it right away.

"Sarocha..." My heart was slamming inside my chest when I heard his voice.

"Nop.." Fuck. How did he even know my real name?

I balled my fist in anger. Could he be the one trying to kill us?

"Do you wonder what Becky would do if she found out you were just lying to her?" My chest tightened because of what he said. Damn, I want to slit his throat right at this moment. I could feel the heat rush through my entire body.

"You don't know a single thing."

"Oh, Freen." He laughed evilly. "I know every single thing about you. I know that you are trying to steal my future wife away from me."

I tightened the grip on my phone. He was really getting into my nerves.

Now, I am already scared—not for my life but for Rebecca's. If he was the one who's chasing us, why would he also kill Rebecca?

"I will kill you." He kept quiet for a while, but I could feel that he was grinning.

"Oh, you can't, Freen. I'll make sure Becky will hate you for the rest of her life. So if I were you, I would leave Becky alone." And with that, he ended the call.

Damn it! I will fucking kill that bastard!

After a few seconds, I felt a pair of arms encircle my back.

"Are you okay?" She placed her chin over my shoulder and looked at me intently.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Fuck, my head hurts so bad. I want to strangle him until he fucking dies.

"Hey, Freen." Rebecca's voice made me relax a little. She was really something, and that's one of the reasons why I fell in love with her.

I love her so much that I would literally do anything just to protect her.