9] Hyung Is Here

⚠️Mentions of topics relating to Anxiety and Panic Attacks⚠️

Jeon Jungkook was internally freaking out.

Sitting in the confinement of a small dark place, surrounded by four walls did not really help him much. He tried to text Yoongi again but the shaking of his hands got worse, making him drop his only source of light somewhere.

With the overwhelming sense of emotions affecting his mindset, he couldn't even reach out to search for his phone and tried to disappear in the corner while burying his face on his knees.

Tears welled up in his eyes and he felt the sudden impetuous urge to cry and rip his hair off for what he was going through.

All the negative emotions had been growing within him and beyond his control, now to the point where they were not only mentally but physically affecting his life. And Yoongi was going to find out.

Yoongi hyung will be here soon. He will find out. And he will judge me like everyone else who did.

The thought alone sent a cold shiver through his body. All the defeatist scenarios were just adding fuel to his anxious state of being, making him blind to the thoughts of whether Yoongi might be understanding towards him.

A small whimper escaped his lips once he heard a knock at the door. Perhaps one of the scary people outside had figured out his hiding spot. He did not want to see anyone except his Yoongi hyung and he certainly did not want anyone to find him in this situation either.

There was a voice that seemed too far away for him, once his anxiety raised a level at the door knob turning. The place he was in was a small theater closet that could only be locked from outside, and with rehearsals and requirement of numerous stages, no one bothered to keep the room closed.

He buried himself further in the corner, wanting to disappear once the door opened completely. He couldn't even force himself to breathe.

"Jungkook-ah."

Yoongi's voice grew quiet once he noticed his maknae. He felt a numbing cold spread through his body, his heart drooping. As if on instinct, he proceeded to comfort the younger if possible but realized it would not be a good idea to touch him without any sort of content.

When he looked at Jungkook for a few longer moments, he realized that the younger probably doesn't even recognize the person standing in front of him as Yoongi.

"Jungkook-ah," he approached once again. Yoongi tried to keep his voice calm to not startle Jungkook, but made sure it was audible, "Yoongi-hyung is here."

Jungkook immediately looked up, a sudden sense of relief embracing him. He felt himself relax a bit, and focused on his breathing patterns. But the sudden thoughts of all the negative reactions hit him hard making him shiver again. He tried his best to grasp onto reality that seemed to be escaping, a quiet whimper leaving his mouth again.

And this reaction made Yoongi panic a bit.

Assurance, he needs my assurance.

"Jungkook-ah, you don't need to be scared anymore. Yoongi-hyung is here. I am here for you. You don't have to be scared of me. I am not going to hurt you. And I am not going to let anyone hurt you."

Something in this words made tears well up in Jungkook's eyes, and he practically threw himself at Yoongi, burying his face on his shoulder. Yoongi held him tight, rubbing the boy's back who was busy silently drenching the fabric of his shirt and some naked skin near his collarbone.

"Did someone do something, Koo?" Yoongi asked, a hint of dread behind his tones. If someone did dared to hurt his maknae, Yoongi was sure as hell not going to sit calmly. 

In response Jungkook just shook his head no. Yoongi sighed in relief, but still considered asking him the same question when he was feeling better. He could never be sure enough. After witnessing some of his closest friends going through trouble due to bullying, Yoongi did not have the heart to sit silently and watch his fellow school mates suffer.

And then again Jungkook was very dear to him ever since he first met him a year ago.

"Whatever hardship you are facing, you will get through it, Jungkook-ah. Your hyungs are here with you. We love you and support you baby. And you are so strong yourself."

Jungkook just cried harder in his shoulder, and Yoongi held onto him for a long time. The boy certainly did need a long comforting hug. Yoongi kept whispering soothing words to him and reassuring him that everything was alright, which Jungkook was really thankful for.

"Do you want to head back to dorms? We can stay here longer too if you want. I just think it would be more comfortable."

Jungkook just nodded, wanting to get out of whatever building he was on. Staying on campus was making him agitated. And there was still a feeling lingering to him that the other students were watching him have a breakdown, and it was eating him alive.

Yoongi who was rubbing his back, suddenly stopped before glancing at Jungkook nervously. He was not sure how the younger would react on knowing that their Jin-hyung accompanied him since he figured out Yoongi got hold of Jungkook.

"Uh, Jungkook-ah, I know you didn't wanted anyone else to know..." he started, unsure of the maknae's reaction, "But Jin-hyung kind of figured on himself that I was coming to get you home. And he insisted on coming with me just to be sure."

Jungkook hugged Yoongi tighter, if it was possible. 

Jin-hyung will find out too.

He harshly bit the inside of his cheek but continued taking deep breathes. 

Yoongi who was hoping for any sort of verbal response felt defeated at the younger's lack of reaction or reply. He was trying to be cautious with his words and actions to make sure that Jungkook wouldn't feel more anxious.

"If you want I can have him go back first. I am sure he will understand-"

"...is okay," the younger finally whispered out, barely even pronouncing two words. 

Yoongi sighed in relief, before helping Jungkook up. He was basically supporting majority of his maknae's weight since he was really not capable of carrying the muscle bunny. 

"Yoongi-ah? Jungkook-ah? What the fuck is happening?"

From the way Jungkook was leaning on Yoongi and trying to hide his face and red neck, Seokjin thought that younger got drunk.

Yoongi felt the air literally escape him with Jungkook practically choking with the tight grip around his neck. But all he was wishing for was Jungkook to feel safe and loved. And when Yoongi almost lost his balance due to Jungkook's hasty footwork, Seokjin quickly rushed to the duo to provide assistance.

 Seokjin let Yoongi catch his balance before transferring most of Jungkook's weight on himself. Jungkook immediately buried his face in the elder's chest, once again finding comfort. And it was then he realized that Jungkook had been crying.

"Hyung is here, Hyung is here for you."

And he gently rubbed his back while guiding both his young ones to the car.