~6~

Jamil's pov

I walked alongside Lo'ak as we surfaced the water. I laughed as he slipped on the sand, staring at Tsireya walking from her marui.

We both started chasing each other out of funness but we spotted Kiri being harassed by Aonung's group and him. I walked up and hissed at them all, shielding Kiri as I targeted the leader, Aonung, earning a smirk from him.

"Don't touch our sister!" Lo'ak pushed one of the Aonung minions.

I hissed at one that was staring at me funnily, crouching down in an animalistic protective stance.

My twin brother was pushed around and touched without consent. "Don't touch me!" He pushed all of them back, Kiri stepped in. "Leave us alone!" She protested,

I was about to leap at one of them. Fortunately, Neteyam came and threatened Aonung. "You heard her. Leave them alone, Back. Off. Now." Neteyam pointed his finger at Aonung's chest.

A boy tried to mock Neteyam but Aonung pulled an arm out to signal to shut up and listen. "Smart choice and from now on I want you to respect my sisters." Neteyam glared at the oldest child of Toniwari and Ronal.

"Skxawngs." I muttered. A boy snarled at me, I did the same in return.

Neteyam led us away, I took Lo'aks arm and made sure not to let go, just in case.

But the reef boys had to keep talking. Aonung mocking us as we turned and left, Lo'ak walked back, motioning his fist so they could look at it. He suddenly punched Aonung not once, not twice but three times.

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. "Lo'ak!"

"It's a called a punch, bitch. Don't touch my sister ever again!" Lo'ak stated. I almost felt proud of him till someone lunged at him.

The boys were in a full on fight, punching and kicking and slapping my brother with their tails.

Neteyam joined the battle of fists, I scowled at them all. "You're all stupid!" Kiri informed the wranglers. "Stop fighting!" I attempted to try and stop this madness but none left. Me and Kiri started laughing silently as Lo'ak took someone's ear and kept a firm grip on it as his tail was pulled.

But before it could all be solved, my father was in front of us. Taking his litter while Toniwari took his son only.