Seventeen

Mia knew how she and Iain were on different shifts. She felt like there was a little strain between them. But she knew how they were both trying to make it work.

She wanted it to work. Purely for all they had been through. And how she was trying to make sure that their relationship lasted.

She knew that they had both been through so much together. But she also knew that they were in love. And it was going to work. Somehow or another.

All she knew was that her life was finally coming together. And she was going to keep it working.

When morning came, she and Iain were lying in bed together. She smiled and straddled him as his eyes opened. He looked to her. "Good morning."

"Morning."

Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss. Iain flipped them and got between her legs. He looked to her. "I love you."

"I love you too babe."

Iain pushed into her as she had fallen asleep without her thong on. Mia wrapped her legs around his waist and smiled. "Do me hard," she said.

Iain smirked. He pushed deeper in her. Mia moaned and grinned. "I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Mia and Iain went into work. Iain kissed her and ran over to Jez. Mia walked over to Bella. "And have you talked to Cal?" She asked.

Bella nodded and sighed. "We're taking it slow. I had a scare last night. I almost lost the baby. And I think we both realised that it's time we grow up. And be parents."

"Wow. That's incredibly mature. I'm proud."

Bella rolled her eyes and smiled. "It's for the baby. Cal and I were too focused on hooking up. That's not good for anyone. I'm just... I don't know. I feel like maybe me and Cal weren't supposed to be anything. Just have sex," she said as she looked to her.

Mia shrugged and smiled. "I don't know. You're going to be an amazing mum. Do you have names?"

"Jax for a boy. And Maddie for a girl," Bella said.

"Cute. Maddie-Mia."

Bella smirked and winked. "Maybe."

***
Mia was sitting in the staffroom. She smiled as Iain walked in. He looked to her and kissed her. "I'm just heading in a call out. It's meant to be bad," he said.

Mia wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "Come back to me. Please," she told him.

"Always babe."

The two of them kissed again. Mia watched as he turned and walked out. She always had a sense of dread when Iain went on call outs and they were bad.

She always felt like he wasn't going to come back to her. And she didn't want him. She was just worried that she was going to lose him.

Connie walked in and smiled. "Iain is going to be okay. He will come back to you," she told her.

Mia nodded and smiled. She knew how everything was just falling into place for her. But she had no idea how everything was about to come crashing down around her.

And it was all down to a secret from her past.