Eighteen

Mia knew how things with her and Iain were going well. She knew that they had been through a lot together and it was finally working out for them.

Mia knew that they both had to put in the effort to make it work. Which, while it wasn't easy, she was adamant she was going to make it work.

She was in love with him. And she wanted to make sure that she never lost him. She knew how she had a past. And he had a past too. And both their pasts weren't pretty.

All she knew was that things were going well. And she was going to do whatever she could to keep it that way.

Morning came and she found herself in bed with Iain. They had been having sex all night and hadn't been to sleep. Iain smiled. "Haven't done an all nighter in a long time," he said as he kissed her.

"Same. I think I'm getting too old for it now," Mia joked as she looked to him.

"Nah. You're a spring chicken still. Got the stamina of a babe," Iain told her. He smirked. "I should go make some coffee. Wouldn't want us to fall asleep today."

"I'll be down in a minute. Just trying to regain some energy," Mia said as she watched Iain leaving. She sighed knowing how wanted more than just sex from her relationship.

But her relationship was going good. And she was going to do all she could to keep at it.

She quickly got out of bed and smiled as she saw Iain. She looked to him. "And where is my coffee?" She asked as she kissed him.

"Oops."

Mia rolled her eyes but smiled. She knew how they always had a good relationship. But it hadn't always been easy. "I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Mia and Iain went into work. Iain kissed her and walked off. Mia walked over to Bella and smiled. "Hey. How you doing mama to be?" She asked.

Bella nodded. "I'm okay. We're taking things slow. But it isn't easy. I think we rushed into the whole having a baby. I don't think we thought it through. Which was a stupid mistake. I honestly wish I did."

"Do you regret getting pregnant?"

"No. I just wish I would have waited. I would have found the perfect guy to have a baby with," Bella told her.

Mia took her hand and smiled. "I get you. But it's going to be okay."

"I hope so."

***
Mia smiled as she saw Connie who walked over to her. "Listen. I don't want to panic you. But Shaun is here," she said.

Mia felt the colour drain from her cheeks. She turned to see her ex boyfriend there. She shook her head. "He can't be here. He honestly can't."

"I've got this covered. You won't be anywhere near him. I promise," Connie told her.

Mia knew all about her ex. And how he was a monster. She had kept it hidden all he had done to her. Not even Iain knew what he had done to her. She had told him about Shaun. But never actually what he did.

***
Iain looked up as Mia walked over. She wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed. "I hate today," she mumbled.

"Me too babe. But I'm here. Whatever happened, I'm here," he told her. He kissed her. "You can tell me about your ex. And what he did."

Mia looked to him and sighed. But could she find herself able to open up about just what she had been through at his hands?