Chapter 7

I burst in the door of my room at the resort, barely noticing the ocean views and luxurious decor. I'm still wearing my sticky protective undergarments from the sex scene shoot; the second I heard the word 'cut,' I bolted, like Usain Bolt's cat with a case of the zoomies. I'd pulled on a t-shirt and trackpants and dived into the backseat of my private car, needing privacy, needing to get out of there.

Shower. I'm gasping as I race for the bathroom, yanking on the tap. I'm driven by a need that is more than physical; every cell of my body is charged with sexual energy and if I don't release it, I'll scream or go insane or run through the streets looking for something to rub up against, like a rogue grizzly bear with a back itch.

I've never felt this kind of intensity before. It burns beneath my skin, pulses in my veins, painful and demanding. I whimper as I pull the adhesive covers from my nipples; they have hardened into tight buds that throb and beg for pressure. I dive under the waterfall shower head and let the spray run over my skin until the glue around my groin gives way. Immediately, I tear the covering off, and I'm finally naked.

Eyes closed, I place one hand against the wall for support. The other hand isn't mine in this moment; it's Erik's. It squeezes and pulls at my nipples, cups and cradles my breasts. I can still feel him imprinted on me from the last eight hours of laying beneath him during filming; my neck skin that prickles from his stubble, the swelling of my lower lip from kissing his beautiful mouth. I picture him behind me, one arm anchoring me, his fingers playing lower until they find my aching centre.

"Erik," I moan into the steam. I'm no longer human; I'm raw liquid need, a creature of desperate desire. My climax physically burns, as if it's a chemical reaction. My entire body clenches as I cry out, the orgasm like a tsunami that crashes in violent waves through my legs, my torso, my arms. My thirst is slaked, but I'm not satiated. I spin around to capture his mouth in mine, to pull him close and ease him inside me.

Then, reality slaps me. I'm alone, just a blonde idiot masturbating in the shower, with straggly damp hair and a melting face of makeup. Mortified, I scrub my skin clean, until all traces of Erik have been sloughed off and drained away.

Get it together. I towel myself off violently, hissing in self-irritation. I am a professional, not a 14 year old boy who has just discovered his penis. I am in control, not my libido.

There's a knock at the door, and I'm hopeful someone has sent dinner to my room since we didn't finish on set until the resort restaurant was closed for the evening. I toss on a giant hoody and hurry for the door, ready for something tasty.

Erik is there, holding a bottle of red and looking delicious. "Hey," he says, his face open and bright.

"Erik..." I cross my arms, suddenly conscious of my nakedness beneath the soft folds of my hoody. I'm not sure what to say next. Sorry it took me a minute to answer the door, I was busy getting myself off to the thought of your hands on my body. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine." He gently waggles the wine bottle. "Today was... a lot. I needed a drink, and I thought you might like to share it with me. Chat, decompress. No pressure, of course."

Pressure. My sordid thoughts immediately conjure the image of him pressed above me, his firm body applying exactly the right amount of pressure on mine. Come on, brain, please work with me here.

I clear my throat and try to rally, saying, "I'm highly susceptible to free wine and compliments. As long as you're offering at least one of the two, you're welcome here."

He steps inside, smiling. "I can compliment you too, if that's an entry requirement."

I don't think I can handle a compliment from this man right now; I've only just got my raging hormones back under control – but it's a tenuous hold, like a team of rabid huskies restrained by ramen noodle reins. If he says something nice about me, there's an excellent chance I'll shed my hoody and offer myself up shamelessly.