n i g h t m a r e

»»————- ♡ ————-««

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Princess?"

Draven called.

Both Marigold and Fayette turned their heads to see Draven standing in the middle of the room.

Her eyes widened, "Oh gosh you're here!" She exclaimed as his curiosity grew. The nymph's head whipped back to the older one, nervous excitement running through her after having received her stamp of approval.

She walked up to her mate and held onto his arm, guiding him towards the dining table were Miss Marigold was sat. The older nymph held no malice in her eyes but still observed him warily.

"This is Miss Marigold, I just told her about you." Draven's expression softened in realisation, he was happy she was finally comfortable enough to go through with letting people in on it. "And this is Draven." Fayette said, introducing them both with an eager smile plastered on her lips.

"Hey," Draven greeted and offered his hand to the lady. "Fayette has told me a lot about you."

Miss Marigold shook it firmly, "It's nice to finally see the man she's been sneaking around." Fayette looked away in embarrassment and rolled her eyes when the older woman chuckled.

She invited him to sit down and talk, Draven was quick to accept.

Fayette watched as her favourite people got along, which is something she wouldn't have guessed would happen in her wildest dreams. They laughed and joked and a surge of hope filled the nymph.

Things had been tense ever since they came to the conclusion that their mate bond was in jeopardy. Every night she went to bed praying to God that nothing would happen to either of them. This little interaction that was occurring warmed her up inside, eased her worry ever so slightly. It was a step forward.

When the conversation died down and a comfortable silence enveloped them, Marigold was quick to speak up. "You know," She began as she looked down into the bottom of her now empty cup. "The others may not take kindly to a demon, especially you being mated to one."

"Yeah...I was hoping you could help us out with that." Fayette nodded solemnly.

"I'll see what I can do, but I think you should break the news to them yourself." Marigold replied and Fayette agreed.

And just like that, their little get together was put on pause. Marigold decided it was time to head back to her home before her grandson Ariel got too concerned.

They both saw her off and told her to come around when she was free.

A deep sigh left Fayette before she loosened up her body and leaned into her tall mate. He smiled down at her form, holding her against his body. "Good job, I knew you could do it." He praised, rubbing her back soothingly.