c e l e s t i a l

»»————- ♡ ————-««

   »»————- ♡ ————-««

It was official.

Fayette was paranoid.

It had only been a three days since Draven brought his friends over to her home and he was already bringing it up again, saying it was urgent to have them over.

As much as the nymph wanted to help out she didn't know how long she could keep up this secret. Some of the other nymphs had already begun noticing her suspicious behaviour; the way she always covered her mark with turtlenecks even though it was warm out, the way she always retreated back to her home every so often and how disorganised she had become.

Fayette tried to get them off her back, telling them it was just a new spell she was trying to learn but couldn't quite get the hang of it. Though unconvinced, they took her excuse. She wouldn't be able to lie much longer and she knew it.

So the forest nymph proposed having their next discussion at Mara's house seeing as though she would probably be more help and it wouldn't raise as much suspicion.

"Fay." It was Miss Marigold, calling Fayette from her rocking chair that was just outside her home.

The young nymph stood up from the ground and dusted the soil off her yellow sundress, jogging over her.

"What's up?" She responded, a little breathless.

"There's something you aren't telling me young lady." Her words sent Fayette's head into a slight panic but she tried to appear composed, "What do you mean?" She said and feigned ignorance.

The older nymph stared at the younger one for a few moments, inspecting the obvious apprehensiveness on her face. To Miss Marigold, Fayette wasn't all that difficult to read and she knew with certainty that there was something definitely going on.

"Don't think I haven't noticed, I have. And I have to say I don't appreciate you lying to me Fay." Marigold spoke, her tone reprimanding. It reminded Fayette of how she used to scold her when she was a kid.

"Can you stop being so cryptic? I haven't got a clue what you're talking about."

Fayette could tell Miss Marigold wasn't convinced which didn't surprise her in the slightest, she was the wisest nymph out of their entire community, but there was no way she would allow herself to come clean. Not right now anyway.

When the older nymph said nothing Fayette spoke up again, "Look I'm super busy. I need to meet Mara in a little while and deliver some stuff. We can talk about this later, okay?"

Miss Marigold nodded wordlessly, her eyes observant. From her mere expression, Fayette knew that she was aware of the fact that her meeting up with Mara wasn't just a delivery of goods. That there was a lot more to it than what was revealed.