i n s t i n c t

»»————- ♡ ————-««

                »»————- ♡ ————-««

"There, all better." Fayette mumbled, having finished healing the tiny bird's crooked wing. It chirped at her in thanks before fluttering away into the trees.

Smiling, she turned back to her cottage to check up on her late lunch that was cooking away in her oven.

It had been a lazy Sunday afternoon for her, she hadn't done much other than read her old fairy tale books and spend time in the forest, reminiscing her good childhood memories. Most of the week she'd be working on all her little tasks and on Sundays, she liked to wind down and relax.

There was a running economy in the supernatural species.

Nymphs and witches worked together as they were similar in abilities. Witches supplied resources and magic to the vampires, hybrids and lycans. They were the at the top, being the largest in number and most powerful.

Unfortunately the nymph species were small, though that wasn't always the case.

Not long ago nymphs were hunted and were heavily desired creatures, they still were to some degree. The blood that ran through them was pure and strong which meant that they lived long, beautiful and healthy lives. Captured as slaves and brides by the beings at the top , even humans, they were always viewed as the inferior and weak species of the supernatural realm.

A massacre had taken place fifteen ears ago, Fayette was merely a child. The nymphs had begun an uprising against their oppressors but they had been defeated.

Fayette couldn't forget it even though she was so young, she had unfortunately lost her mother in the revolt.

Ever since then the uprising had gone down in history, laws and treaties had been passed down to ensure the protection of the nymph species. Their quality of life had certainly improved but nothing could fix the generational trauma those monsters had caused. Nothing.

Fayette spent the rest of her Sunday cleaning up her home and decided to skip dinner to head to bed since she knew she was going to have to wake up early the next morning. As she usually did, she went out to scope the woods briefly one last time that day. There wasn't really any need for it, Fayette just liked to for her own peace of mind.

However, this time was different.

It was a sudden gut instinct that enveloped her.

It was as if she needed to do something. To see something.

The bizarre feeling threw her off yet peaked her curiosity. It wasn't often that unusual things occurred around these parts and when it was, it was very blatant and obvious, typically easy to notice and solve.

Fayette went back inside, still on high alert. It was unlikely that it was anything serious, but she contemplated on what to do.

A soft knock caught her attention and she opened the front door. It was her neighbour's son, a young nymph in training. "Ariel? What are you doing up?" She wondered, sending him a sweet smile.