daisies laugh at me

I didn't tell anyone about my dream.

Really, it wasn't because I was scared or something like that. It was more of, I didn't want to be the weirdo of a place again.

Didn't want to risk being an outsider again.

I wasn't completely stupid, I had figured out that Hades was disliked by pretty much everyone. Heck, he didn't even have a cabin here at camp halfblood even though he must've had kids at one point, if he had been forced to align to the pact rules. Emphasis on had. He might've be the only one to actually abide by the pact rules.

But even so, I wouldn't risk the hatred from my new peers. I didn't know how long me and Kai would have to stay here before we left again, and I'd much rather stay here under friendly pretenses than be singled out already.

Apart from that dream, my sleep was rather good (which was unexpected as I assumed it'd be fitful), but as always, good things have to be taken away.

I was awoken by a fog horn.

Connor and Travis Stoll stood above me, large grins on their face as they prepared to blow it again.

I whacked it out of their hands and turned over.

One of them laughed, "Not a morning person, I see." Maybe if I ignored them enough, they'd leave me alone and I'd fall back asleep.

It didn't work, as a moment later I was awoken again with the same fog horn. I got up to yell at them when the door had burst open.

A buff, oily (there was literally oil on him) guy was standing at the door, looking severely disgruntled, "Shut. The. Fuck. Up," he hissed, looking more angry than anyone else at the Camp so far.

Travis stuffed the horn under his shirt and squinted at the boy, "Sorry man, I dunno what you're talking about."

The other boy narrowed his eyebrows, glaring at them for a period of time, before slamming the door with a bang.

Connor turned to me, "Well, at least you're awake now! Me and Trav were debating putting a snake in your bed."

Travis continued where Connor had left off, "Then we realised we haven't used the horn yet, which was truly a shame. And what better way to test it than the new kid."

"After breakfast is cabin inspection, so stuff your mess under your bed unless you want to be cleaning pegasi shit for the rest of the month."

"Pegasi shit?" I repeated, "Why can't we just use powers or something for that? Magic it away, y'know." Connor paused and frowned as if this hadn't even occurred to him when a new voice interrupted.

"My sister says that shit is a bad word." Nico called from his bed, still fiddling with a tin man. I hadn't even noticed he was here.

Travis and Connor made eye-contact and smirked, before crouching near Nico, "Yeah? What other words did she say was bad?"

"I don't think I should say." He replied, looking at the twins distrustfully.

"Don't worry kid, we're your friends. We won't tell a soul."

"Um, well she said that 'fuck' is a bad word. And 'motherfucker' but then she said that word one time when she was talking about Tyler."

"Motherfucker isn't a bad word, kid. It's actually Latin and means pretty flower," Nico made a sound and Connor grinned, ruffling his hair, "actually, you know what, kid? Later when you see Chiron, you should call him a motherfucker. He will love you if you do that."

"Really?" Nico asked, his voice unsure.

"Mhm."

I should intervene. A part of me found this absolutely hilarious but the other part remembered Nico was ten.