✿45

Oh my, oh my God~

The sun was bright red and was about to set down, making the infinite sky into a pallete of different hues of yellow, orange and pink

The sun was bright red and was about to set down, making the infinite sky into a pallete of different hues of yellow, orange and pink. The Han River was flowing in it's own way, glittering under the last sunrays. Friends, families and couples were walking by the bank, feeling the cool breeze in this summer evening. It was when a blonde girl in two braids was seen sitting on a bench, staring at the beautiful sight of the combination of nature and the city.

"Yizhuo!" A familiar voice was heard as the said girl looked at her right only to see the Chinese boy running towards her.

"You came?" Her voice sounded very low. Ningning patted on the bench, gesturing the older to sit beside her.

Renjun took a seat nervously and said, "You said you have something urgent to talk about."

"Oh yes. Sorry for calling you here. You must have been busy in the restaurant."

"No it's okay. But what is it you wanna talk about?"

"You are obviously in a hurry. So, I won't take much time. Actually..."

Renjun saw her taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I want you to stop."

An eyebrow of his lifted up. "Stop what?"

"Stop trying. I know you wanted three months. But I can't. I won't lie that it's true I didn't date anyone after you. That was my mistake. I stayed in my own fantasy. I never even tried to forget you. Because I didn't want to. It might be a childish love but the feelings were real, atleast mine."

"Then why?" His brows were pulled together in a frown.

"It's because... a lot of years passed in between. Time changes everything, even people. Just like that you changed... a lot. Not a bad thing though. But everything I loved about you changed. You may be the same person yet different."

He didn't utter a word and let her speak more.

"Don't get me wrong. You are a nice guy, Renjun. I am sure you'll get someone far better than me for sure. But I realized the one I was in love with is actually thirteen-year old Renjun and not adult Renjun. I don't know if that makes sense. I thought you would stay like that only but ofcourse you matured a lot. Maybe all those moments we spent together in our childhood are really special that I couldn't forget them and you. But now that I have realized what I feel, I don't want to give you false hope. I am sorry." Ningning noticed how he just remained silent and stared at the scenery while giving a nod. Taking this as a sign, the blonde girl decided to give him some space and left him alone as she walked away.

Renjun heavily sighed and took out a dark chocolate from the pocket of his sleeveless jacket which was supposed to be given to her. The male unwrapped it and took a big bite when tears accumulated in his eyes since he had always been a sensitive boy. For some reason, he unlocked his phone and called a specific person. It was ringing for a few seconds before the other side received the call. "You are alive? I thought you got kidnapped... Just kidding. Where are you now?... Home? Can I come over your place?... Okay, okay I'll bring kimchi jjigae."