Chapter Two

bella's pov
i wake up before the sun i am so excited for school today that i just can't wait, i get out of bed with a massive smile on my face and my stomach does flips as i start getting ready.

i take the rollers out of my hair and tie it in a half up half down style with a green ribbon (green is my favourite colour) and proceed to wash my face. i slip on my undergarments and my green dress with lace details and puffed sleeves. i smiled at myself in the mirror content with how i looked for today, oh i so desperately want to make a good impression in my new school.

i walk down the carpeted stairs for breakfast with my father, now that we have arrived in our new home the maids and butlers have arrived as well as the cooks so i no longer have a need to make the meals, i sit down at the table in the dining room with my father at the other end, his face hidden by the daily newspaper.

"how are you feeling bella" my dad says as he puts the paper down turning to me with a smile. "so excited dad, i really hope i make some friends." i say, my stomach flipping with excitement. "but i best not be late dad so i better go now" i say as one of the maids come to clear my plate from the table, i thank her with a smile and take my rucksack and my books and walk out the door in the snow covered laneway.

as i'm on my way to school i admire the forest around me, the way that the leaves fall from the trees slowly floating down to the white blanket of snow that covers the ground floor.

before i knew it i am at a small white building with kids running around outside, groups of girls who look around my age and a group of boys who are looking at them with sly smirks on their faces.

a bell rings and we are all called to class, as i walk in the locker room two of the girls notice i look lost and they walk up to me with big welcoming smiles on their faces. the redhead is the first one to speak. "hello" she says with a bright smile and kind eyes "you new right?"
"yes, that's right" i say with a nervous laugh

"i love your dress" she says "oh how i'd love to have a dress with such beautiful puffed sleeves and such regal lace" she wiskes off dreamily. "i'm anne by the way anne with an e" she says snapping out of her daze.

"and i'm diana" the other girl speaks up finally, putting her hand out for a polite shake.
"how do you do" i say shaking her hand gently. "you are most welcome to come sit with us" she says happily as anne agrees. i let out a sigh of relief to myself i feel as if i'm already starting to fit in here

"quick let's go put our milks outside before class starts" anne says
i follow them outside and put my milk in the creek, diana and anne explain its to keep the milk cold.
as we walk back into the building i sit by anne and diana and the lesson begins.

at break we get out our milks and food my new friends anne and diana lead me to a group of four girls, they all smile as we walk towards them.

"hello i'm jane" a girl in a yellow dress starts the conversation. "hello i'm bella" i reply with a smile the girls introduce themselves and give each other approving looks. "would you like to come sit with us?" a girl named josie says as she links arms with me and leads me to the corner of the room while the other girls follow in pursuit.

we all sit eating lunch together laughing and sharing food, when a group of boys knock on the window in a teasing manner, just before they disappear again i could swear i saw the blond haired one wink at josie.

"don't listen to the boys" diana says as she turns to me, "they are ridiculous."
"except for gilbert blythe" ruby says with a dreamy smile. i've learnt from the girls that ruby has had a crush on gilbert for quite some time.

anne next to me stiffens at her words.

we make simple conversation until the lunch bell rings. anne, diana and i sit down at our desk and work on our last lesson of the day. while we are in the middle of algebra anne says that diana and i should come over to her house to enjoy each other's company more outside of school.

i'm ecstatic my first day and i already have friends that want to hang out outside of school i can't wait to go to anne's house tomorrow, i will have to ask my dad of course but he's sure to say yes!

as school finishes i say goodbye to anne and diana and begin the walk home. as i walk though the door, i see my dad and tell him all about my day up to when anne asked if me and diana would like to go back to her house tomorrow after school, and as i thought he said yes just as long as i stay safe.

i am really tired so i get changed out of my dress and give it to one of the maids for cleaning, untie my hair, and get in the warm bath that i ran for myself. as i sink under the water i let my mind go blank and just relax.

after my bath i get into my night gown, wash my face and tie my hair into ringlets.

as i get into bed i dream about tomorrow and my new friends.

Hi my lovessss!!!!
i love this chapter and i'm so proud of myself that i got over 1000 words
shout out to alex_girl26383 for being my first comment, thank you so much for being so sweet i love you so much xx
if you have any suggestions for the next chapter please let me know i would love to read them i'm thinking of making bella and jerry meet in the next chapter.
hope your having a great day/night
be kind to yourself
i love you so much x