Chapter 3. Back to School

Tw.⚠️ mentions of self harm.

I open my eyes and turn off my alarm clock. Suddenly I remember what happened yesterday I sigh and start to get dressed. "Let's hope today's better than yesterday" I shove on shoe's, change clothes, brush hair, and go to eat breakfast. "Good morning princess" says my stepdad cheerily. "Morning" I say a little groggy. My stepdad who I call dad places some pancakes on a plate and slides them over to me. "Thanks dad" I say digging in. After finishing my food dad drives me to school so here I am walking through the front gate to U. A.. I'm a little nervous mostly because I'm so close with my friends so I don't know if I should tell them I cut myself. I mean they could find out on their own somehow which would mean they'd freak out or I could tell them which means they'd definitely find out but likely wouldn't make a huge scene. Ugh I guess I'll just figure it out later. "Y/n!" yell's Mina, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Mina!" I yell back giving her a hug. "Gay!" Shouts kami, pointing at us. Me and Mina laugh because even though Mina's bi kami knows I'm straight (A/n: if you aren't straight then you're just aren't into Mina) "why do you always ship us together like that" Mina asks, taking the words right out of my mouth. "because-" kami starts to say before get cut off by kiri who suddenly appears saying "because you two would be good together" At this I roll my eyes and say "only as good as you and kami would be" "what no way!" Kiri says. "But you two would TOTALLY go good together" says Mina. This goes on for  a minute where me and Mina say they would look cute and kiri and kami say that they wouldn't. After a little while of walking and talking we're about two or three minutes away from class and we've changed subjects. "So what'd y'all do over break" kami asks. Suddenly I just pluck up the courage to tell them. "I cut myself and surprisingly it didn't hurt that bad" I say, knowing kami struggled with self harm before I knew him. However from what I'd herd he'd used thumb tacks and staples that we're still stuck together but no knifes. "Y/n you have friends" kami says. He's tone makes me remember what he went through and how similar it was to what happened to me. He lost a friend last school year too. His friend just wasn't kind to him and that caused their friendship to die out. "I know" I finally say while staring at the ground. Evidently Mina had walked off after finishing her conversation with kiri and apparently neither of them had heard what we we're talking about because kiri suddenly says "so what are we talking about". "Nothing-" I say right before I get cut off by kami saying "she cut herself" "and you weren't gonna tell me?!" Shouts kiri. "Sorry" I say staring at the ground still. Kiri sighs and says "why'd you do it" "my old friend sent me a text I don't really want to talk about it" I say, and he murmurs in response. They both know I have an old who was the reason I chose to change schools instead of going to the school she went to. I guess that's why they aren't pressing for details not that they'd have time to anyway since we were all at the door to the classroom.