Roomates

"How do you even own this much shit?"
Lip spoke hauling anything one of his boxes into the car, Ian had finally decided it was time to move out of the previous shit house when everyone voted to sell the house.
"Barely knew I owned half of it myself"
He laughed loading the last of the boxes inside of his car
"Gonna miss you big bro"
"Don't worry Debbie made me promise to have family dinners every week"
Rolling his eyes as he took Ian into a long hug
"See you soon"
Lip said waving him off as Ian got into his car taking off down the road, the overwhelming feeling of loneliness washed over him. Silently, he thanked himself for choosing an apartment closest to the el giving him availability to his family whenever possible. It was going to be strange without them he wondered.

He had never met his soon to be roommate, sure there were a few measly phone conversations to cover the basics, rent, time, date, ect ect. From what he could gather the man on the other end was blunt and straightforward, he previously stated he perfected having private spaces for each of them which Ian could get around. Growing up on the Southside there was never an option to be alone, leaving him either worried or excited to have peace. He marched up to the hardwood door, paint peeling at the edges slightly, with a grey wall following the corridor. The bold number 6 displayed in rusty gold before his eyes. He hesitated, lost in thought before he finally raised his arm to knock but was met with the door swinging open.

The man in front of him was definitely a sight he was grateful to have around him for a while, he was shorter than Ian but not too big of a difference, he had loose, black hair and eyes that pierced right back at him. The immediate déjà vu reached his mind as he found himself staring awkwardly unknowing of what to say.
"Shit you scared me, you're Ian right?"
"Yes-"
Smiling at his own lack of ability to speak, still flicking between ideas on how he recognised him
"Um cool I'll show you you're room I was just about to head out for food"
"Thanks"

Mickey turned around leaving the door ajar, his cargos crinkled as he walked yet giving a perfect understanding of his figure. Ian stopped himself in his thoughts annoyed with himself for how he was acting with his new straight roommate
"Not much of a talker ay?"
Ian closed the door behind himself carrying his suitcase inside
"Um maybe"
"Maybe?"
Great now he was not speaking words and embarrassed could this get anymore humiliating
Looking around to his surprise the house was entirely neat and clean, not a cup left out of place. Damn this guy must have his shit together. The pearl white walls complimented the wooden floors, a singular picture frame of him and a woman presumably mid 20s set on the kitchen bench. Walking closer he spotted Mandy, his closest friend he recently reconnected with after seeing her working as a bartender at the local club. She had been there for him since he came out to her, until she fell into an abusive relationship with Kenyatta. He mentally cringed at the remembrance, he remembered her terrible home life and trying anything he could to help her get out.

"You know her?"
Ian shot his head back towards Mickey who was looking at him confused
"Um yeah she's my best friend, are you her boyfriend?"
Mickey pulled a disgusted face. Oh god did he say something wrong
"God no. She's my sister man"
"Oh shit sorry"
"Don't sweat it"
"Wait you're a Milkovich?"
"Don't remind me"
He grumbled rolling his eyes, shit that's where he knew him from.

Moving on from the current realisation, he was shown his room, plain yet comfortable. Again white walls, a king single bed, bedside table and a few decorations. Definitely was not what he was expecting.

"I'm heading out to the store"
"Alright thanks again"
"No worries man see you"

Mickey nodded and walked out leaving Ian alone in his room he unpacked his suitcase containing: clothes, cigarettes, phone charger and toothbrush and toothpaste.
To him they were the necessities and the rest could wait until tomorrow

———————————————————
This is chapter one let me know if you want me to do another one