𝑰 𝑲𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑫𝒐 𝑰𝒕

It was a night of celebrating at Molly's. Stella had passed her lieutenants exam. It had been a slightly rocky road getting to this moment. Stella had some small doubts throughout the process. Everyone at 51 knew there was no doubt she would pass and become an amazing lieutenant. Everyone was so proud of her, especially Kelly. He was so damn proud of her. After Boden gave her the good news, she immediately jumped into her boyfriends arms.

"I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT"

As Stella moved through her 51 family. Who all were so excited for her and wanted to embrace her, offering congratulatory hugs. Kelly just looked on in pure admiration. He always thought he couldn't possibly love her more but as he looked on, he realized he was wrong. Kelly knew without a doubt, Stella was his forever and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He had been going back and forth for days. Just knowing Stella had doubts about marriage after what she went through with Grant. In that moment at Molly's, Kelly knew he was going to take the plunge and propose. When the time was right. Not in this moment. Tonight was about celebrating Stella and what she had accomplished. As she was making the rounds through everyone. Her smile was beaming. Kelly could watch her smile like this till the end of time. God, he loved her.

Much later. They returned to the loft. Kelly grabbed a couple celebratory beers from the fridge. As they sat on the couch.

"Stella Kidd. I am so proud of you. I'm also so sorry for being an idiot when I shut you out. For almost being the reason that you didn't take the exam. I thought I was doing what was best for you. You were meant to be a lieutenant and you are going to be an absolutely amazing one too"

"Oh Kelly. It's OK. I was upset but I do understand why you felt the need to step back. The reason I had doubts about taking it, is what gave me confidence I could do this was your support. Your 'you got this Stella Kidd'. I'm always going to need that"

"I meant what I said. I'm never gonna let you get away again. Your always going to have my support and so many more 'you got this Stella Kidd's'"

"I Love You, Kelly Severide"

"I Love You More, Stella Kidd. You are the BEST thing that has ever happened to me"

"You saved me Kelly. Before I came to 51, I was just existing. You changed everything for me"

That's when Kelly knew. There was absolutely no doubt. He was going to propose and SOON.