1

It was late when Cale felt sleepiness and to be honest he was feeling somewhat more than irritable. The whole day in the Forest of Darkness was humid and hot, it feels like your skin turns into a sticky mess that you would want to take a cold bath every chance that you could take.

Thanks to Raon and Rosalyn, the whole Super Rock Villa's temperature was adjusted with magic as if they have air conditioners all over the place and it provided Cale a relief. However, it was a temporary thing.

There was a beautiful silver full moon that night and it was so mesmerising that Cale decided to open his window curtain, his bed was positioned to a place where he can exactly watch it glow in the night sky while laying down. When he thought things were going too comfortably, Cale felt like it's getting hot in his room again. He wonders why at first and looks into the window just to double check if it was properly shut close, and it was and only the curtains are wide open. He thought about asking Raon to adjust the temperature again as he assumed the magic must have waned when the little dragon fell asleep but he didn't want to wake the kid from his peaceful slumber.

He decided not to in the end and just simply endure it, thinking that as night does by it will get better.

Like it was said, he fell asleep late but it was a strange type of sleepiness. It felt like his eyes were being pulled down unwillingly and his mind was being turned off.

Moments later he was feeling so hot. As if he was being burned alive. He wanted to scream and yell but all he could do was grunt as he fought the fiery haziness. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, neck and his back that his clothes became so very soaked. His hair is now starting to limp from the moisture of his body.

He wanted to drink something as his throat was parched like dry land but he couldn't even lift his eyelids.

Is he being attacked? Like a curse?

Or is his plate changing again? But that was impossible, he nearly did nothing the past days and did not even use an ounce of his Ancient Powers.

He tried to reach out to the Ancient Powers but they never responded. It feels weird not to hear their voice as they are usually so talkative, it's hard to shut them up.

Cale groaned as he felt his chest ache and his crotch pulsed. Ah, hell no. Don't tell him he is just being horny. He is way past his teenage days to have a surge of hormones to drive him crazy.

He gathered all his strength to open his eyes and wiped the sweat on his forehead. His pyjamas feel like a layer of sticky rags in his body so he decided to take them off. One by one with his fumbling fingers, the buttons came off until he reached for the hems of his pyjama pants and with the help of his foot he managed to take everything out. He doesn't care anymore, he just needs to take everything out and feel a bit of relief from this burning sensation he could feel.

He tangled his body to the blanket just to cover up the things he had to cover at least and that was the last thing he can remember on that excruciating night.