the duelist from Slum city (rewritten)

Diamond city

Such a beautiful place.

Where many people have fun playing duel monsters. It is basically the number 1 game in the world. Especially in Diamond where it is the most high paying job by being a Duelist. Diamond is truly a beautiful place with its advanced technology. You duel someone for fun or for the money or competitively. You can duel some on a hoverboard or on a motorcycle. Duel with advanced duel disk. The sky's the limit. You can go to a school called duel academy to become even a better duelist. Who doesn't want to be a duelist, it pays well and it's usually fun to play. In diamond city, everyone is happy.

But if you break a single crime diamond city, even the most petty crime, then you go to Diamond city's maximum prison. Where you're marked for life and even you serve your time, you don't go back to Diamond city, you go to Slum city, the island that Maximum prison is on.

Slum city

An island that is 60 miles away from Diamond city. A place where criminals and the poor are sent. In Slum city, people don't duel for fun, people duel to survive. Whether to steal other cards as many don't have cards in Slum city. The police force aren't there to help anyone, they're there to make sure the people in Slum city stay in Slum city. People from diamond city send their garbage to Slum city so the people there do their dirty work for them. But more importantly, an unknown business from Diamond city uses people from Slum city for free labor and the police force make sure that they do the free labor. If they don't

Police officer: slacking on the job are we?

Civilian: it's just that we've been working for 10 hours straight, i can barely feel my hand. I have to take a break.

Police officer: you want a break? Well here it is!

The police officer proceeded to kick him in the stomach and beat him to the ground like he was a sick puppy. He kept kicking him and kicking him until he started to bleed.

Police officer: if I see you slacking off again then you're going back to maximum prison.

The civilian did his best to get up and went back to work.

In Slum city, you had to do the free labor, but some people obviously didn't want to and just avoided it the best they could. But those who do try to avoid it, are hunted by police officers and if you are caught by them, then that back to maximum prison which no one wants to go to.

So some people group up with each other to make duel gang just so they can survive from the police officers and for protection from other people there because in Slum city, It's kill or be kill. The police officers don't do their jobs that much, so they'll try to exploit people from Slum city, like many others.

People in Slum city don't have access to food or clean water. The only way to get Food or clean water to drink was to rat someone out that they wanted to put in maximum prison. Many people did rat others out just so they could eat so they could see another day.

Including me

There are 2 police officers waiting with their police truck just waiting for someone to arrive.

Police officer 2: Are you sure that punk is going to come back with the guy we sent him to get?

Police officer 1: he will, anyone from here will do anything just to survive.

Police officer 2: like a bunch of wild animals.

Police officer 1: that might as well be an insult to animals because at least they're civil.

Then they heard footsteps up ahead. They look forward to see the guy they sent to do their dirty work.

He wore a ragged white t-shirt, jeans with holes on them, he had bandages covering his arm, he also had a bandage covering his left eye where there was a huge burn mark going down his face. He looked around 17 who also had a weird mark on his neck.