the cult and shark

It was the next day, (y/n) was still hiding and was still practicing with his duel board. After the duel he had the person from duel academy, he somewhat feared that Duel academy well sent more to go after him. Though they might not be strong as he beat the first person with just Riot Dragon. Though they'll probably send more to go after him, that are better than the first if they really want him so badly.

(y/n): why does Duel academy want me to go there? What makes me so special?

Even though (y/n) wants to leave Slum city, he just wanted to go back to Diamond city as he believed Duel academy will just hold him back on his mission for revenge. He won't let anyone or anything get in his way for revenge.

While he was practicing on his duel board, he heard something coming from the distance. It sounded like someone was talking to someone or was making a speech to a group of people because of how loud it was. He didn't think it was much but then his curiosity got the best of him and decided to go check it out. He walked to where he heard the voice coming from and once he did got there.

He saw a dark robe person standing on a box in front of a small crowd of people. He seemed to be a cult follower of some kind.

Cult follower: for too long! We have been impressed down here and left to die here by the higher ups of Diamond city! They have abused their power and used it for their own twisted purposes! They'll do everything in their power to make sure they stay on top and keep people like us down! They sent their robots to take what we vail most and that is our decks so they can make sure they would lose hope and won't take away their power! The police force here abused their power to turn us against one another so they don't have to do their jobs! They sent us here for the most pettiest of crimes or sent us here because we threaten their control over others! They do not care for us and things will never change if we don't do anything about it! Change is in our grasp and we will do anything in our power to make those changes happen! So join me! Join me and help me destroy diamond city and those who had abused their power for too long and help me take control of our lives!

Slum city citizen: yeah he's Right! Diamond city has done everything in their power to keep us here! We need to take back our lives and take down Diamond city once and for all! Who's with him!

The crowd: we are!

They all followed the cult follower but before he left, he took a quick glance at (y/n) as if he had sensed his appearance. One thing he noticed was the mark on (y/n)'s neck which only meant one thing.

Cult follower's thought: 'a spirit duelist!'

He walked away with the crowd as (y/n) just watch walk away.

(y/n): well that was weird.

Time skip

In a secret hide out, the cult follower was talking to one of his superiors about his findings which was about (y/n).

Superiors cult follower: are you sure you found a spirit duelist?

Cult follower: I have sir, he had a mark on his neck.

Superiors cult follower: so they are spirit duelists in Slum city.

Cult follower: do you want me to deal with it?

Superiors cult follower: yes, make sure you bring back his soul. Remember, all spirit duelists are a threat to us, no matter what.

Cult follower: yes sir!

Then the cult follower left to deal with (y/n)

Time skip

(y/n) was still on his duel board as he was still practicing the best he could. While on his duel board, he was going over the notes that he was given by the friend that was no longer alive, it helped how to use a duel board that best it could. While he was on his duel board, he heard footsteps coming close to him. He looked around for a bit looking for where the sounds were coming from. After he looked around for a bit more, he then finally saw the cult follower from before.