12 | New beginnings

Hockey season is starting,

Which means I'll be okay.

It'll be me and the puck.

My team and the other.

I'll be okay.

I swear.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧

"Ready for our game Saturday?" Riley asked at lunch.
"Yeah, i was getting impatient for the season to start." I told him. He nodded his head.
"I get why." He said as Charlie approached our table. After the party I don't really want to be around him. Nothing bad had happened but he was inside my house with my sister. I can't work past it. I don't mean that he can't be around my sister but the thought just doesn't sit right with me.
"This food slaps." Will said while hitting the table. Charlie looked confused. He held a Tim Hortons drink in his hand. A frozen lemonade I'm pretty sure, but it doesn't look like he drank any of it yet. I realize he's looking around as if he was nervous.

"Hey Charlie, can I have a sip?" Riley asked. I looked back at him and he looked like high or something.
"What?" He looked down at the drink. "Oh," he looked back up at him. "no." Riley stared at him in disbelief. "Weird." Charlie glared at him.
"It's not mine." He finished. Riley looked confused now.
"What do you mean?" Charlie rolled his eyes. Will and I looked at each other, confused.
"Literally what I said, it's not mine." Riley took a bite of his sandwich.
"Weird." I looked back at my food, not wanting it anymore.

Who could he have bought that for?

I don't know. But I want to know. But it's also none of my business. I push away my thoughts and take a long sip of water. But then Anaya approached the table. She stood at the end.
"Do you have any food left," she turns her attention to Charlie for a second but looked right back at me.
"I'm starving." She said.
"Yeah." I was about to hand her a container of strawberries but Charlie beat me to it and handed her the drink he was holding.

What the fuck?

"Uh, thanks for the other day." I hear him, I drop the container back into my lunch bag and look away.
"Uh. No problem I guess." She waved goodbye and walked away awkwardly. It was in this moment I was ready to punch Charlie in the face. Literally anybody could've seen that. People are going to think their together.

Wait,

Are they?

I take a deep breath, then grab my lunch, shoved it into my bag and walked away. My breathings pace quickened. I was angry.

Why my sister?

There are so many other girls he could've went for. But my sister was his pick. His choice. And that just isn't right. I felt sick to the stomach. This shouldn't affect me the way it is right now.

I decided to ignore and act like what had happened 5 minutes ago never happened. He was just being nice, right? But this is Charlie Dickson we're talking about. He literally has dick in his last name, he's a dick to people. But why is he being nice to my sister? What'd she do for that?

I don't know. But i open the door to the bathroom and grip my hands on the counter.

Why Charlie?

Why did Anaya choose such an asshole? I stop myself cause I would probably sound insane. It isn't even official, so why am I taking this in this way?