Murphy's Law Part 2

⚠️TW: Hanging, Fighting, Violence, Threatening, and Angry Crowds⚠️

Y/N POV: 

"Is this the kind of society that we want?" I look to Clarke hearing what she said shocked. All my efforts to stop this are failing! What do I do, oh god. Clarke turns and faces Bellamy,  You say that there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other, without-- without punishment!" Clarke states, finding her voice, her oh so irritating voice. "I already told you, I didn't kill anyone." Murphy defends himself. "I say we float him." Someone yells from the crowd and multiple voices agree. It sounded quieter than I remembered, almost like less people were talking. I look like Clarke with fear in my eyes, "That's not what I'm saying." Clarke said taken aback. "Why not, he deserves to float. It's Justice." Said someone, who I beleive is named Connor. I look at Murphy with wide eyes, he looks back before looking around to Clarke. "Revenge isn't justice!" Clarke exclaimed, starting to realize how big of a monumental fuck up she's made. "It's justice. Float him!" Connor shouted! Several people agreeing and chanting "Float him! Float him! Float him!" Over and over again.

A wave of realization passed over Clarkes face as she looked around with wide eyes. Murphy realizing the gravity of the situation, tries to make a run for it only to be tripped and beat up by a handful of people. Many people were kicking him and shouting while Clarke tried to stop everyone yelling for them to get off of him while being held back. "Stop! Please stop!" I yell, tears welling up in my eyes as no one was listening to me. I start to move towards him only for my arm to be grabbed by Octavia who held it with a tight grip. I looked back at her and she looked at me with "don't do it eyes." Some were yelling to hang him, others to get off and stop, and some were just spectating on the sidelines. I looked back at the scene and horror filled my eyes as Murphy was being pushed down a hill. I yanked my arm away from Octavia's grasp and started heading closer to where the rope would be tied.  I grab a small hand axe holding it behind my back. I look at Charlotte who seemed horrified as she should. 

I know she's just a kid, but I can't help but still be mad at her. If she would just say something now, she could stop this before he gets hung! I look back as they had him up on the box gagged. I starred at him with wide teary eyes, and he starred back. "You can stop this! They'll Listen to you!" Clarke yelled to Bellamy. I looked at him giving a silent glare. Sometimes silence can say a lot more than words, he looked at Murphy, then me for a second then back to Clarke. "Bellamy, you should do it." All the instigators then started chanting for Bellamy to do it, he looked back at Clarke, they to Murphy, and then everyone around who was chanting for him. 

"I saw you in the woods with Atom! I know your not a killer." Clarke pleaded, while he looked back to Murphy who was shaking his head no. "Bellamy, don't do this! Don't..." Bellay started nearing the box, Clarke chasing after him yelling for him to stop, just as he was about to kick the box, I brought up the axe to the rope and swung it as hard as I could.

3RD POV:

Just as the box fell over, the snapping of a rope was heard, and Murphy, instead of hanging, fell to the ground with a loud thud. "JUST FUCKING STOP! ALL OF YOU. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF HE ACTUALLY KILLED WELLS OR NOT!" yelled Y/n who held an axe and a had a look of fire in her (e/c) eyes. There was a moment of confusion and silence. Charlotte seemed horrified at the situation slowly backing away like a coward, while Clarke and Bellamy seemed relived. One half of the crowd was relived and the others, angry and confused. Some people started shouting and yelling out of anger and begun to approach Y/n angrily. She backed away, axe held out in front of her. Bellamy turned to Clarke yelling that this was her fault, and Finn came out from the bushes yelling, "What the hell are you doing!" he started approaching Murphy only to be held back by Connor who threatened him with a knife. Murphy lied there on the ground unable to move looking up and over at Y/n who had cut him down gratefully.